Chapter 26: Okay.

Logan's POV:

"Okay." she said with a smile.

I looked at her with surprise. But yet again I shouldn't have been. No matter what I had done to change her future she was still Hayley. I looked at her and smiled. "You sure are something you know that right?"

"Hahaha I know!"

"I'm serious though, how can you be so cool about all of this?"

"Don't get freaked out but I feel so comfortable when I'm with you. You mean a lot to me, I feel like we've been here before. Well not here here but here-" she paused placing her small delicate hand in mine, "together. It's like I can seriously imagine us in other situations in another life. God I just know I can't lose you."

I looked at her I couldn't come up with any words. I wanted to tell her everything. I wanted to tell her about how we had first met, how we fell in love, what happened with Jace, I wanted to talk to her about Wickeds, ask her to help me solve the riddle. But I couldn't. Because what was, what had been between Hayley and I, had technically never happened. This, this place at this moment was truly the reality now. It was only a matter of time till it all caught up to me and I would forget everything that had happened. Bill had been right. Time was tricky. I understood that now. He said I only had a small amount of time.

It was a confusing notion. I didn't want to think about it anymore. Time in my mind had now only become a barrier between me and how I wanted my future. My Hayley was gone. The girl I knew was dead. The Hayley in front of my was alive. I still had time to fix this. I could save her from the horrible death she faces. She didn't have to die the way she had. If I fixed this she could grow old and die an old woman. I could change everything.

But it still didn't hide the fact something was off. Deep down there was something that was not quite right.

"Hayley." I said softly afraid that my next words would startle her "If you think one thing in your life that effected you most what would it have been?"

She thought about it hard, the curve of her lips turned down as she continued to search through her mind. "Honestly- you. You changed my life. For the worst-for the better. You were the center of my life, my tormentor, now the only thing that keeps me breathing. I love you. You changed my life."

Hayley's POV

I looked at him nervously and tucked a stray piece of hair behind my ear. I bite my lower lip and anxiously awaited his response. He looked at me with a soft smile then said nothing. I looked down at my hands and frowned. The room was quiet and the room with thick with an unspoken tension. Logan was keeping something from me. And I didn't know what it was. The awkward silence continued to fill the room. I looked up and him and noticed his intense blue eyes were focused on me as though he was trying to understand some incredibly hard math problem.

When out of the blue he started to laugh. I started at him in awe and wonder as his musical laugh filled my room. I couldn't help but notice how adorable he was when he laughed. His eyes crinkled up and his lips had created this beautiful lopsided grin. I felt so separated from him in this moment. He seemed so out of this world.

"You're so beautiful." I said in a low tone unable to keep it in but also to afraid for him to hear what I said.

He looked at me and smiled his eyes alight with laughter. "So are you."

I didn't say anything else to him too uncertain how to start a conversation. But he didn't mind he just grabbed a strand of my hair and started playing with it. I looked at him in surprise but he was just mindlessly gazing at me deep in thought.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked.

He looked at me hesitantly at first and said "Not sure how you would react to the things I want to tell you."

"You can tell me anything." I said sternly wanting him to trust me.

"So if I told you there were such things other then werewolves out there would you believe me?" I was about to answer but he held up his hand and cut me off. "What if I told you vampires existed or witches? Would you believe me? What if I told you these mythical creatures could turn into something even more demonic then they already are? Or if you in another life was killed over and over again. And that the man you believed was your best friend killed you. Or that my own mother tried to ruin our relationship. Or that you yourself was something other then human would you believe that?"

I was in shock I didn't have anything to say. But I was worried. Logan looked as though he was breaking down right in front of me and I was helpless to stop him. "Actually knowing you you'd accept it. You would be understanding about how many times I've hurt you before, in the past. But then you'd be confused though. Because OUR PAST ISN'T REALLY OUR PAST. I'd have to explain to you that your father sent me back in time to fix our mistakes to prevent you from dying. To prevent you from being raped. To prevent you from getting hurt. But then I'd have to own up to the fact I messed you up even more by trying to fix things. And then I'd-"

So I placed my hand on his face cutting him off. I know it was stupid but I didn't care about what he had to say. I had him here and that's all that matter. "Logan. I love you. That's all that matters. So please. Shut up and kiss me."

He looked at me tears in his eyes. But he did was I asked of him. And I couldn't have been any happier.

-----

:) not the end of the story.