Ugly Giant Nomus

Midoriya POV--

Everyone was excited. We were learning more about how to save people! And it shouldn’t be too hard since no one except us here has quirks. But Jiro was talking about hearing the people who are training us say that we probably aren’t gonna make it…

“They don’t know what they’re talking about! We can beat some ugly giant nomus!” Hagakure huffed when Jiro explained what they had said.

“Yeah! And we have quirks! So we can easily prove them wrong!” Kirishima agreed. They all began to think of how well they would do in beating those monsters except for some of the less energetic ones, like Todoroki, Kacchan, Tokoyami, Shoji, and a few others. Though deep down, I could tell that they all were terrified, myself included. We weren’t from this world, we had no idea what happens everyday when they go outside of those walls. People probably get hurt, or even killed! What if one of us gets killed? What if-

“Are you ready yet?” Eren asked as he looked at all of them. “If we were getting attacked by titans, you wouldn’t have even a fourth of this much time.”

We all ran outside, which took a while with how heavy the gear was.

“Now, you will be practicing how to kill a titan-” Mikasa began, but was cut off by Kaminari.

“Why do we need to kill them? Can’t we just take them into custody?” He questioned, which he got smacked on the back of his head by Mikasa.

“Don’t interrupt me.”She growled. “And no, we can’t. They aren’t human, they are monsters. You can cut off their limbs, but if you don’t kill them they’ll just grow them back. So, you have to cut their nape. It’s the only way to kill a titan.”

“And you have to cut deep enough, or it won’t die.” Armin added. “You will practice by cutting into the nape of a practice dummy.”

They all nodded and began their practice. 

Word count: 334