It's Complicated: 6

=== Tala's Point of View===

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"For the last time, no."

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No." Jason groans, lightly pounding his head on the car window.

For the last five minutes, I've been constantly asking him to get me some new shoes since he destroyed my favorite pair during out paint ball adventure. At first, he looked happy to do it, thinking I agreed to his stipulation, but when I told him I wasn't going to, he immediately denied my request. I was shot down like a plane in the sky. So, I've been bugging him constantly and he's hated every second of it.

He tried not answering, but I know how to be annoying and get what I want. I do have an older brother. He caved after like twenty seconds, but that's what years of practice accomplishes.

I turn into the school's parking lot without another word and notice a few people turn to look at the approaching car. Pulling into an available space, I shut the car off and quickly step outside. The chilly fall greets me and a slight wind blows my hair into my face. I brush it aside and lean on the hood of the car to look around.

If people weren't looking before, they are now. Must be hard not to notice a new girl. These kids have probably been with the same people since like first grade. An outsider like me will be noticed right away, kinda like now.

The building itself is three stories and made of red brick. Over the front entrance is the name of the school, Greensbury High, in black lettering so it stands out against the fading colors of the school. To my left there are a few picnic tables to sit at before classes start in the direct shade of a few trees. On my opposite side, a line of trees start about thirty yards from the actual building.

I hear Jason finally get out of the car and he throws an arm across my shoulders.

"Welcome to Greensbury High, home of the wolves." He smiles and looks around the place like he's the one here for the first time. I know that isn't the case because he's already graduated and has lived here his whole life. Those questions came up during our first day of twenty questions.

"Yea." I went to a private school back in California with a school twice this size and with a lot more money, Uniforms were required, but I found a way around the dress code that never got me in trouble. This place is by far smaller then what I'm used to, and I won't admit it out loud, but this might be a nice change from the big city school.

"Come on, I'll show you to the office where you'll get your stuff. Since you're starting late, the year has already begun so try your best to catch up." I roll my eyes and shrug his arm off of my shoulders.

"Lead the way sir." I order in a posh British accent and he smirks.

"You're so weird." I laugh a little and give him a small shove. People lingering outside look shocked, but I have no idea what about so I push it to the back of my mind.

"I know now take me to the office before I just go home."

"You wouldn't walk that far." He states, pulling open one of the front doors. I walk in ahead of him and briefly look around the office.

"You're right, but you're forgetting something very important." I turn around one hundred eighty degrees and smirk at his confused expression.

"What do you mean?" I pull his car keys out of my pocket and dangle them in front of his face. He smacks his forehead