It's Complicated: 19

Dedicated to Callie because I've caused you a lot of pain. Unintentionally of course, but it still happened. So this is a sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

===Tala's Point of View===

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way."

"How about my way." I suggest.

"Your way involves sitting on the couch reading a book and not leaving the house for another week."

I cross my arms over my chest and stare defiantly at the man in front of me.

"Come on Tala. You need to do it." I shake my head and shift my weight to my other foot.

Being a wolf has certainly been helpful in the past two weeks. Otherwise, I'd have to be in a cast for much longer then I was and I think I'd die. Two weeks was torcher enough for me. I feel sorry for those unlucky enough not to be a wolf and have to endure the usual time it takes to heal a broken bone.

"I've told you, it isn't happening." He sighs in frustration, running a hand through his short hair.

"I swear, you are the most stubborn I have ever met!"

"Thank you." The corners of his mouth turn down into a slight frown.

"That wasn't a compliment." I look around the back yard, making it seem like I'm uninterested in our conversation. I'm still not allowed to go to school and it's a little after lunch right now so no one is around, though, I did see Asher's Beta around here somewhere. I don't remember his name, though, don't think. Was ever actually introduced.

"Nothing you can say will make me change my mind." Asher pinches the bridge of his nose between his thumb and forefinger, mumbling something to himself too quiet for me to here.

"Tala, it isn't healthy for a wolf to stay in human form for so long." He argues, but all I can think about is how painful my first shift was. The second time I changed, I was running and in danger so I probably had the adrenaline blocking everything I felt the first time. I never want to feel lie that again.

"I'm sorry, but I can't." Aside from the fact I don't want to do it, I also don't know how. True, that's what Asher is trying to do right now, but I'm fighting him tooth and nail. Ha, get it? I didn't even try that, but oh my god that was bad.

"Why not?" I hesitate upon telling him that I'm afraid and it'll hurt because made it my mission to hate him from the first day I arrived here.

"I just can't okay." I mumble, staring at my bare feet. Since I'm technically supposed to be shifting, I shouldn't need shoes.

Asher sighs and throws his hands up I the air.

"I'll just call Bo then since you insist on being so stubborn, but we are going to try this again tomorrow."

"No!" I answer quickly, but then realize how stupid I sounded. "Don't call Bo." I add, a little quieter.

"Why?"

"The dude has been suffocating me for the last week and a half. I need a little space." Asher rolls his eyes, but moves so he's standing next to me. Placing a hand lightly on my shoulder, he speaks.

"You can't be too hard on him Tala. He's been through so much and he's still so young." I furrow my eyebrows.

"What do you mean?"

"He had a hard life when he was younger, but kept on going because he knew one day he'd meet his mate. Meet you."

"I know I'm new to this, but surely he could have anyone he wanted." My alpha shakes his head.