It's Complicated: 17

===Tala's Point of View===

The single word rolls easily off of his tongue and he never once looks away from me. The violet eyes I admired the day he got back from wherever are shining with truth and another emotion I can't distinguish. It's then that I realize how close we actually are to one another.

If I were to lean in a few inches, our lips could meet and I have a gut feeling it will be amazing, should it actually happen I mean.

His body is pressed into my side, being extra careful not to hurt me, but as he traces his thumbs over my cheeks I wonder what mates actually entitle. I know Asher explained it, but he couldn't have described it perfectly to someone who has no idea what to expect for themselves. No relationship can be so... perfect like he makes me think all of this should be. All though, I haven't seen my mom or Asher fight once since I've been here. Sure, they've gotten mad and into fights, but not with each other. It's honestly been with me almost every time... except for last week when someone put a cow bell and some jingle bells on Ash's collar and sent her running through the house at an ungodly hour of the morning. I swear that wasn't me.

"You're killing me." My mind focuses back on Bo and he keeps looking over my face. His expression makes me think he's trying to figure something out.

"What do you mean?" He brings my face even closer so that our noses touch. My breath hitches and I close my eyes involuntarily.

"What are you thinking about?" He murmurs.

"You." I reply without hesitation, but once I realize what I said I feel my face heat up. He chuckles and lightly kisses both my cheeks.

"I'm thinking about you too. Have been ever since the time you threatened Jason." I peer at him though my lashes and see an amused smile on his face. He's remembering when I was grumpy and gross because of the time of the morning.

"I wouldn't want to remember me like that. My hair was a mess and I was barely awake."

"I thought you looked sexy. You're hair had the 'I just woke up and I make it work' look and if we're being honest, you threatening people is hot." I roll my eyes. He is such a guy. I take my chance and blow once in his face. He jumps and moves his face back a few inches, a confused look on his face.

"What was that for?" I resist the urge to laugh and my remove his hands from my face. He opens his mouth to object, but I keep a hold of them and he shuts it immediately.

"Sexy is a word I would hardly associate with me. My friends Tyler and Hailey, now they're sexy and I'm completely straight." His jaw tightens and I notice his eyes darken slightly. Frowning, I give his hands a slight squeeze. "What's wrong?" He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.

"It's just... never mind."

"What?" I demand and he pauses.

"How can you talk about another guy now that you know about us? I'm your mate." I stare at him for a few moments, not understanding what he means. I didn't mention Thatcher because I know that'd make him mad, but I only see him as a brother and a best friend. The same goes for my relationship with Shane, who I should probably call soon. I wonder if he has something against my friends. Is he maybe jealous that they got to spend more time with me then he did? Hailey and Tyler are.... Oh.

My eyes widen when I finally understand what he's talking about, but he has it all wrong. Completely wrong.

"Bo, Tyler is a girl! She's been my best friend for like forever! Is there really a problem with that? Are you jealous of our friendship?" His eyes snap open and I see a look of suspicion on his face. After a few moments, I'm thinking he finally processed everything through his thick head and he at least has the nerve to look guilty.