Chapter 7: Are you jealous?

It was the next day and they were on their way back to Mew's filming location. Yesterday's impromptu visit had gathered that much good attention, especially after the interview where Gulf expressed his wish to act together again, that they decided to ride on the hype and let Gulf accompany Mew again today. One call to the crew on-site and it was all arranged.

All the good publicity from yesterday had completely averted attention from the dramatic article which had been published the morning before. Nobody talked about it anyone, as if it somehow disappeared from all media sites. Gulf figured his manager must've worked hard for it, which he felt very grateful for.

Another result of yesterday's interview was revealed when they had entered P'Best car, who was driving them today. After the manager ruffled the younger's hair – much to Gulf's annoyance since he'd just spend 15 minutes on getting it perfect – he enthusiastically informed the two of the many mails and calls both him and P'Bosser were getting. All of them were offers to act in advertisements, movies, or series. As the man was naming just a couple, Gulf already felt overwhelmed.

He might've said that at the interview, but the truth was that he had no acting experience what-so-ever. There was no way he would be able to act with the professionality they expected from him. Wanting nothing more than to divert the conversation, he turned away from his manager to Mew, who had been silently listening to whatever P'Best was saying.

"I think I can understand how Type felt during the 4th episode," Gulf started out of nowhere.

The manager took this as a sign to shut up, instead turning up some music to let the two in the back of the car converse privately.

Mew had an amused look on his face as he looked at the man next to him. "What do you mean?" he asked with genuine interest.

Gulf looked outside the window, at the passer-by's who curiously glanced at the expensive car they were in. "Type is scared to be put in the spotlight and be portrayed weak," he took a second to look for the right words. "He'd rather deal with the seniors exposing him like that in private, because he knows how scary the media can be."

His husband next to him nodded. Then he opened his mouth, as if hesitating to say something. Gulf looked at him questionably.

"You said the same thing during the workshop," Mew admitted.

Somewhere deep down, we are the same person after all.

"What about you, Gulf?" Mew grabbed the youngers head, slightly pushing it to the side so they could see a billboard as they passed it. It took a little before Gulf realized he was displayed on that same billboard, posing for an expensive brand. It reminded him from the day before yesterday when they'd had that shoot for the interview. He had been right at the time, in comparison to the original Gulf, he looked like an idiot. All the more reason to not take any work.

Gulf laughed a humourless laugh. "Yeah, the media is scary for sure." He took out his phone, quickly taking a picture of the billboard. It came out blurry, but he didn't mind. "It's also kinda amazing though, I have so much respect for this worlds Gulf, I could never be like that myself."

The topic changed suddenly, as if it had been a long time coming. Mew continued looking outside as Gulf asked the question he wanted to know: "Do you believe me now? That I'm not the real Gulf?"

Mew didn't answer.

They drove up to the same parking as last time, where today's filming would continue. Only then he met Gulf's eyes. He once again couldn't understand the emotion in Mew's eyes.

"Let's talk about it later today, okay?"

Before Gulf could answer, Mew had left the car.

They weren't able to talk about it later. Excluding all the brief visits from Mew for fanservice, the older husband was too busy that day to spend much time with the younger. The scenes were taking longer than expected and today's schedule was going to enter the quiet hours, so P'Best convinced Gulf to go home alone.