Alt. prologue: Gulf

NOTE: Alternative prologue of what happened the day before their wedding anniversary, in Gulf's POV.

Gulf closed the tap, grabbing the towel he'd prepared earlier. After softly patting his face dry, he looks up to check his phone.

CALL – P'BEST – 2:25 min

"Where is my toner?" he wondered aloud, aware the other could hear him. It wasn't in the place he had last left it. Mew must've used it. He turned his head around to check his husband's side – yes indeed, there it is!

"You know it isn't in my work description to call you while you're in the bathroom, you know?" the managers' voice echoed in the bathroom. Gulf laughed a little, careful not to affect his face too much as he applied the toner. Patting sounds could be heard, which the manager apparently took as his reply.

"Oh my God, N'Gulf, please don't do anything dirty I swear!" The voice sounded pleading on the phone, but Gulf could hear the joking tone behind it.

"I'm washing my face, P'Best, you know I would never!" the younger defended himself. Checking his face in the mirror, he grabbed the next step of his skin-care routine: a serum.

"You know I'm just teasing you," this time Gulf joined his managers' laughter. "I'm just trying to cheer you up."

Gulf sighed, suddenly reminded of why they were calling like this. It was a habit that they'd started a couple of months ago, when Mew and Gulf had had a big fight. Upset, the younger had called his manager while hiding in the bathroom from his husband. Wanting to have some privacy, he had locked the room not letting the other in. There hadn't been any need to worry, Mew left the apartment that day anyway.

As the fights had grown and the feelings had spiked, it had become somewhat of a habit to Gulf to call his manager during these times. Acting as some kind of—

"I should really get a psychology degree or something for all the sessions we're having," P'Best mumbled to himself.

"That would be nice," Gulf immediately retorted, closing the cap of the serum.

"So then, my dear patient Gulf, what is on your mind today?" Gulf could hear paper from the other side of the call. He wondered if P'Best was actually noting these talks down, acting as a real psychiatrist. He opened the bottle of face cream, he got this after one of his sponsored deals.

"P'Mew left an hour ago, again" he sighed, remembering everything what had happened these past months.

In the beginning, Gulf hadn't noticed anything weird about Mew. The other sometimes could be a little mysterious, seemingly living in his own mind. Gulf had gotten used to his behaviour, as he knew the older man would open up to him eventually.

He didn't. Gulf attempted several times to ask him about what's on his mind, but he wouldn't answer. He would just shake his head. "Nothing," he'd said. What a lie. With the way the older was acting it could never have been nothing. So, Gulf kept trying, asking what's wrong, until one day he told him.

"I feel like I'm acting in love," he'd said, and oh, Gulf's heart had broken into tiny little pieces when he understood that implied. Instead of showing he was hurt, the younger instead kept asking why. This was the beginning of their first big fight about the topic.

Several fights later, he now understood that Mew was having troubles finding himself. He was convinced any feeling he had for Gulf, were remnants of Tharn's love for Type, or any of the other roles the two had played together.

At first, Gulf hadn't believed him. He tried to find several ways to prove the other wrong, that their love was real. Gulf decided not to act with Mew anymore until he could clear his feelings out, but months passed, and nothing changed. Then he decided to not kiss in front of camera's anymore, reminding him that their kisses were something special between them as a couple. He'd tried several other things as well.