Chapter 14: Kiss me again

During the first couple of advertisement and photo shoots, Gulf had been too stressed to fully register everything what was happening around him, scared that he might make mistakes. However, like everything in this foreign life, he eventually got used to it. Maybe it was his background in communication or his experience from his internship and work, but the at first foreign camera and make-up eventually became just another routine of his day. After watching many videos and constant practice, he had found out how to charm his way through any schedule. He was now at a point he couldn't help but feel proud when looking at his past jobs.

After eliminating all distractions – such as a certain hot husband of his – and instead focusing on his jobs, he had grown much confidence in his new craft. He truly had started to enjoy this life.

Today's solo photoshoot had ended a little late, so Gulf was in a hurry as he changed clothes to head towards his next schedule. The workshop had already started for most actors in the morning, but Gulf had a shoot that couldn't be replaced so he was given permission to attend later. He didn't mind, seeing as it was another excuse to avoid Mew in the morning. They barely exchanged any words at home, except for the rare moments Mew had tried to make up.

Suggestions of going out to dinner together, or watching a movie on the sofa after a day filled with tiring jobs, became an almost daily occurrence. The nong hadn't given in to any of the pleas of the older, saying he was busy with his acting tutor or meeting up with Art. In reality, he wasn't that busy, but he had decided this was for the best.

Mew often tried to initiate small skin-ship such as hugs when they came home together, but Gulf wouldn't return them, opting to stand still until it was over.

This way, he figured, Gulf could let his feelings for the older rest, and Mew would finally realize what this worlds Gulf and him meant to himself.

That was what Gulf was hoping for anyway. In reality Gulf only started to long more and more for his husband, while Mew on the other hand had stopped trying to find ways to make up as well.

It's for the best, Gulf told himself every time they shared another awkward silence. Soon he would return to his own world anyway, hopefully. With all the work and catching up he had to do, he didn't get the time to further his research about world crossing phenomena. At this point he was completely relying on fate or the initial force that brought him here to send him back to his universe.

It was 1 pm when he finally arrived at the venue. P'Best had given him some snacks to fill his grumbling belly before he left the car, since they had missed lunch break. It was routine for Gulf now, with all his busy recent schedules, so he didn't mind as he nibbled on his bar while entering the building. There were no reporters for once today, which felt like a fresh breath of air to him after this morning's shoot.

According to Mew's earlier business-like text, Gulf was expected in the upper last room. He had received some pictures from P'Mild as well, posing with Mew with a caption that he 'was being missed by his husband'. If only that was true. Gulf has rolled his eyes at first, but his heart still skipped a beat.

What could he say? His husband was handsome, and being teased like that by their best friend? Yeah, it didn't help his feelings for the older at all. Gulf had long accepted them, even if he shoved them to the back of his mind every time he got reminded of their existence.

He put his phone away after finding the right room number. Opening the wrapping of another bar, he quietly opened the door, afraid he might interrupt the workshop.

His head was still hunched down as he entered, concentrated on the wrapper. Gulf mumbled a silent, "pardon my intrusion," as he tip-toed inside.