Chapter 26: As Type Thiwat once said

With all that had happened over the past couple of weeks, Mew and Gulf's relationship seemed to be on the front page of every possible paper and magazine the next day. Articles which had only appeared online the day before were now printed for everyone and their mom to see, letters bold over that cursed picture. You would think that after seeing it over and over againGulf would've gone insensitive to it, but sadly that wasn't the case. Every time he saw even a glimpse, he felt a pang in his heart. However, it also reminded him of the promises they had made. So, he just tried to suck it up and continue whatever he was doing before it appeared, ignoring it as much as he could.

There was however no escaping the media, especially reporters, as they camped the streets around their apartment and followed them to any schedules they had. Back in the other universe, Gulf had been freed from any of the fame he had here, so it came double as hard when they were bombarded with questions and accusations while even just doing something as small as just crossing the street.

"Gulf, how do you feel about the picture of Mew kissing someone else?"

"Mew, who is the man with you in the picture?"

"Are you two going to divorce?"

"Was your wedding a big media-play after all?"

"Was it ever real?"

Gulf really wanted to scoff at that last question. Of all the things people assumed, this one was the most outrageous! Why would anyone bring it in their right minds to marry just as a publicity stunt? He wanted to reply that, but the tender squeeze of his husband in his arm reminded him of their agreement. So he hardened his heart against the accusations.

They wouldn't lash out against the media about it, instead just ignore the rumours and tell everyone they were going strong. The older husband answered all the questions with a meaningful look as he put his arm around Gulf, pulling him closer.

"Everything is good between Tua-Aeng and me, there's no need to worry," he smiled at the reporters, a look in his eyes that was almost daring them not to ask more. As expected, they ignored whatever the husband implied and just continued asking whatever they wanted. This time most of their attention was directed at Gulf.

"Is this true?" They asked, "Can you confirm what Mew just said?"

Gulf nodded, a little shy because he truly wasn't used to this anymore. "We are still Boo and Bii," he assured them, using the nickname on purpose. He shuffled a little closer to the husband, who looked at him sweetly.

"And we will always be MewGulf," he added, a content but possessive edge to his tone. This made Gulf want to roll his eyes, but he quickly stopped himself before the reporters could catch his action. They would have a field day with trying to find any underlying meaning to it.

"What about the teaser video for Masquerade!?" One of the reporters at the back suddenly shouted, causing everyone to silence themselves. It seemed they all were interested in the answer to this particular question. "Was it really an act or was the conversation real after all?"

After they had returned from their date-but-not-date that evening, Mew had seated down with Gulf to properly talk about everything that had happened when he had been in the other universe. From the wedding anniversary interview and kiss, to their new project Masquerade, and eventually everything about the other Gulf.

"He confessed to be in love with me," Mew explained, seizing Gulf's reaction. Somehow, he had been very calm at the time and only stared at the husband in reply. "But we talked it over and agreed to just stay friends."

"Why?" Gulf had asked. Mew could've had the other Gulf, the one without any drama and painful history behind it, so why hadn't he taken the chance? No doubt it would've been easier.