Chapter 5

-MAXS POV FOR A SECOND-
"It's alright, I'll take the floor."

Tom leaves me standing there as he goes to get the blankets for himself. I instantly felt cold again. None of it possibably could be happening, I never kissed Tom and I am not here. When I wake up it will all be the same.

-TOMS POV-
I wake up and im alone like the normal days. No ones even in the house, but I get off the floor. I don't get out of my bed, my bed looks like someone slept in it. I walk up to my bed smelling the sheets, it smelled like Max.

I go downstairs wearing only my pajama pants and sigh sitting down running my hands through my hair frustrated. I really can't remember a thing.

Jay and Alek aren't home and I don't know where max is. Its saturday, 1:57 pm. There's pills laying on the counter that aren't mine. I ignore them getting up and turning around to look at the front door.

I see Max sitting out in my yard. I walk outside with out thinking really and lean up against the door. Max turns around and looks like he's nearly about to cry when he looked at me. I began to walk up to him but he stood up and ran from me.

I chased him only for a minute until I caught up with him. "Max! What. Is. Wrong?" I was already out of breath, i couldn't think. I let go of Maxs shoulders and grasped my head trying to make it stop spinning. "Tttooommm???" His words seemed to extend, I just lost it, I fell, then I felt nothing. Nothing at all.

-MAXS POV-
I don't know how I gained the strength. But I was some how able to drag Tom in the house. I leaned him up against the couch and just sat there watching him for a minute before standing.

I paced the room back and forth worridly. What if the pills didn't work? What if he remembers? What if this is happening because of the pills? Is Tom even breathing? I look back at his beautiful face. Max you just have to forget. You have to get out!

I grabbed my jacket and was about to go out the door when I felt Something grab me. "Don't go Max..." I nearly shook at the sound of his voice. It was so tired, scared, and loving in all things.

I just kissed him, "goodbye Tom."

I just left him there ignoring everything not dareing to look back afraid I'll be pulled back into him.

So I ran...

I ran all the way past the school, past the park, past everything with tears already flooding out of me.

I didn't care the distance, I just wanted to get away, that's what I always wanted, that's what I always needed. Tired of the world, just oh so very tired.

Then I hit a door. A literal door. I fell back with the breath knocked out of me. I stood up and opened it walking in, the firmiliar oak wood smelling floors filled my lungs and i just laughed.

I didn't know what to do, i was out of breath, out of tears, out of laughs, and out of luck. But it doesn't matter, I knew Tom, I always did. Thats why I had to get away.

Tom was there in the boys home... He was the one that would always come to my mom smiling with a new bruise on his face. He would always wave. I was only 11. Then one day he was gone... Tom was here, all that time. Here in Florida. I should have known, I should have known since day one.

I hear banging on the door just staring at it. I open it slightly, Sydney pushes it in smashing me in. "Max! What the hell is wrong with you?! Why do you have to be such a Fag?!" I try and walk away, but she hit my back again and again in the same places she had before. It seems these bruises will never go away.

I resist the pain and run into my room locking the door just crying into my hands. I don't know what's wrong with me. Lots of things seem to go wrong. I stare at my phone, the messages have piled up from the unknown number.

"Max?"
"Where are you Max?"
"Come to the park."
"I literally just saw you run by!"
"What the fuck are you doing?"

It's getting annoying now.. I still don't know who this person is.

"Just please leave me alone..."

I really didn't know what to say other than that. They were quick to reply unfortunately.

"Come outside Max."

I sigh staring at the wall then back at my phone.

"No"

"Max im waiting."
"Where are you?"

I jump up and look out my window. There was an unusually tall boy almost as tall as Tom. He had extremely blond hair, he was muscular. He looked firmiliar, but I can't tell with his back turned.

I lean more out the window to where it creeked. I quickly pull back a little and he whirled around looking over the house for a second. Then his eyes fell on me and he smiles an awful smile. I know that smile, it's such a fake smile but such a pretty smile. I nearly fall out the window when I realized who it was.

I looked back down at my phone and there's his text that pops up.

"Boo."

I pull myself inside and reply shaking again afraid of him not leaving.

"Please go."

"Not until you come outside Max."

I sigh and walk out my door looking down the halls and stairs. Sydney must have left. I walk down my stairs slowly and out my front door even more slowly.

I close the door behind me and stare at him with a crooked smile just waiting for me to come closer. I near him little by little more, until im about a few feet from him. Then I whispher softly to where I could barely hear it.

"Hi Kyle."