Chapter 3

-JAYS POV-
I got home from the trip and ran into the house it was around 7:30am Tom should be at school. I see Toms books pilled on the couch and i run into his room but he wasn't there.

I go into Aleks and my roon and I see Tom asleep. "TOM, YOURE LATE FOR SCHOOL GET UP!" Tom jumps up and runs into his room. I laugh slightly and hear him rummaging through the messy things in his room.

Tom runs out of the house and to the school. I lay down with Alek and smile. He smiles back, and I kiss his nose and drift off to sleep since I haven't in days.

-TOMS POV-
I run into the school as the bell rings. I moan and trudge to my locker. I put my head up against the locker and i began to turn the dials. "Hey Tom i was uh wondering where this class was." I whirl around and see Max. I smile at him and giggle. "Hey." He half smiled and I smiled back. "Well ill show you to your class."

I threw my stuff in my locker and looked back at Max who walked slowely behind me. I walk up to room A09 and pull open the door and walk in. Max gave me a puzzled look, "what? This is my first class too." He smiled and walked in behind me.

The teacher glared at me as I walked in and I waved slightly. Her emotions changed when she saw Max step out from behind me. "Tom, you're late, and who is this?" I sigh, "This is max, he's new."

The teacher motions us over to her desk. She pulls out a Detention slip and hands it to me. I nod and sigh walking over to my desk in the back of the class once again.

-MAXS POV-
I watched Tom walk off to his seat awkwardly.  I Smiled to myself just thinking about him.

I turned back to the teacher to see her practically undressing me with her eyes. I felt really uncomftorable. "Well Max, since you're new here I'll let you off with a warning..." Her words trail off as she looks around the room.

She turns back to me and smiles. "Im sorry but it seems the only seat open is there." She points to a seat behind a pretty brunett girl that waves. "You wouldn't mind sitting there would you?" I shook my head and she smiled, "great then, Uh have a seat and I'll catch you up later tomorrow."

I could feel her eyes digging into me during the class period, it felt awkward. Someone pokes the back of my neck with a pencil and starts to play with the ends of my hair running their finger down the back of my neck.

I whirl around and see Tom slightly giggling at my reaction. "Sorry" he mouths and looks back at the teacher in the front. I sigh and turn back around tapping my pencil dreading the last few minutes left of the class period.

"Umm alright im done here, you can talk softly if you would like." She smiled at me and walked to her desk. Tom jumps up and sits down in front of me making me feel kinda weird. He acts like he's known me forever but that's kinda how it feels when I'm with him anyways so I don't really mind.

He taps on my knees and stands up right as the bell rings he pouts and hold out his hand like a little weirdo. I liked it when he did this though.

I hear the teacher call out my name as I leave the room I laugh to myself and look at Tom. He looks kinda mad or disapointed, "Tom are you okay?" He hummed at me, "oh uh yeah," He stops infront of a class room Bo1. "Where are you going next?" He smirks and waves a detention slip around. "I'll see you later," he said before walking off leaving me alone which felt worse than those teachers eyes.

-TOMS POV-
I enter the detention room and wave at the lady named Ann. Apparently I've been here enough for her to wave back but not happily, sadly.

I frown and sit in the back trying to avoid the other misfits surrounding me. I sigh as the bell rings signaling the beginning of torture for the next three periods.

"Alrighty then," Ms. Ann takes a short pause. "I'll be right back don't do anything I wouldn't do." She sighs and exited the room. Chatter broke out among the students and i silently chuckle to myself.

A super skinny girl almost bones with red hair came and sat infront of me smiling. "So you must be Tom." I look at her questioningly. "So what are you doing showing that fag max around? Were you forced." I sat up in my seat. "What the hell is your problem?!" She scoots back in her seat. "Hey im just saying, I bet he hasn't even told you yet."

My mind began to wonder, what was she talking about. "Im maxs step sister and to answer your questioning look," she breaths in chokingly, "max HAD to move in with my mom and step dad because he was abused at his home in Memphis Tennessee." She stops and gives a small smile. "Wh- what do you mean? What even are you talking about." I practically yell this in her face.

"Well you looked confused so im just going to start from the beginning." I let her continue. "Well he moved because at his old school he was constantly bullied and at home apparently. His mom constantly called him a fag, queer, gay, fairy, and so on. She said it so much he started to believe it. Finally one day the police came to the house and took his mother forcing him to come here with his father."

I stare at her with shock and disgust. "And how would you know all this?" I question her angrily. "Well tommy you over hear things at home with a poor cry baby like max." I stand with anger and walk out. The teacher looks at me angrily but yet worried as she opens the door to come back in. I just had to find max. I needed to know if it was all true, if he was okay...

I run up the stairs and peer into his class room to only see him looking miserable writing stuff on paper. The bell rings and he sits there staring at nothing for a few minutes before jerking up out of his seat and walking quickly out the door. I grab his arm and pull him close into me feeling the heat from his body.

With out thinking i drag him out the door of the school as he squirmed exactly what we did yesterday. One day we might be able to stay an entire day at school. Less likely.

"Tom what are you doing?!" I take him inside my house and force him up the stairs. He keeps screaming at me to stop and let him go so he can go back to class. I just stare at him in awe. "Tom?" He questions my name and I just can't stand it anymore. I cup his face in my hands and hold his face close to mine for a few minute and backing away  regretting it.

I pace my room back and forth while Max just stood there. I kept muttering sorry running my hands through my hair repetidly. "TOM! TOM! Calm down it okay." He holds me by the shoulders. "What's wrong Tom?" I sigh, "im sorry Max, but I don't really know this stupid skinny red haired girl got me thinking telling me things about you that just made me want to cry."

He instantly stiffens and he looks as if he's trying to blink away tears. "You mean Sydney?...." His words trail off and I instantly regret saying anything.

"Max all i want to know was if they were true." He nods shyly. "Most likely anything she told you about me was true." I look at him sadly, "so that means," he cuts me off, "yeah I'm gay, I wasn't planning on telling anyone can you just forget about it!" I smirk, "first of all, that's not what I was gonna say and second, that's really cute."

He looks up at my with a crooked confused smile on his face. I get closer into him, "Max I honestly don't think of you any differnt, gay or not, bullied or not, perfect or not, I'll still care about you." He smiles shyly again and rests his head on my chest. Oh my dear God, what has this boy done to me