Sparring with Vale's best

(Before we start let me make this clear: If anyone is going to be disrespectful to any form of martial arts will have their comment deleted, I'm doing this because every martial art is useful both for combat and mental health. So if I hear that this style is garbage or this style is useless I will be deleting your comment)

Nikolai was having a friendly spar with Ren at the moment, of all the fighters he has fought against none was as flowery and fast like Ren. Nikolai tried to strike at Ren but his defenses were faster than Nikolai expected as Ren blocked every hand strike, Ren then chain punched Nikolai in the chest and put his foot behind Nikolai's to take him down to the ground. As Ren tried to ground and pound Nikolai the Russian fighter grabbed his arm and put Ren in a triangle choke, a few seconds later Ren tapped out. Nikolai let go of the choke and helped Ren up.

Nikolai: "Good fight"

Ren: "Same to you, I didn't think another grappler would be here as well"

Nikolai: "Another grappler?"

Nora: "We have another main grappler here, she's probably the best fighter in the Vale squadron"

Nikolai: "Hm"

Nikolai went out of the ring taking out his mouth piece and gloves leaving the ring.

Ruby: "Hey look! Pyrrha's here!"

Yang ran up to Pyrrha and gave her a hug which Pyrrha greatly accepted

Yang: "Pyrrha it's great to see you! How long has it been? A year or two?"

Pyrrha: "It's great to be back, I'm glad nothing really changed here"

The two broke the hug.

Pyrrha: "I also heard that there's a new fighter here?"

Yang: "Oh yeah! We do have a new fighter, he's the guy who beat Nolan in one minute and seven seconds. I can show you the clip if you want"

Pyrrha: "Or I can see for myself inside the ring, where is he anyway?"

Yang: He's over there with Blake"

Pyrrha watched Nikolai help Blake set up another Makiwara.

Nikolai: "There that should be good"

Blake: "Thanks for helping me set this up Nik"

Nikolai nodded, he put the tool box aside and tested the wall mounted Makiwara.

Yang: "Hey Nik! There's someone who wants to meet you!"

Nikolai turned to see this "Pyrrha" was, he saw a girl with flowing red hair, beautiful green eyes and an alluring smile. Nikolai needed one word to describe her: Beautiful.

Blake: "Hey Nik? You good?"

Nikolai: "Huh? Yes I'm good"

Nikolai walked up to Pyrrha and Yang.

Yang: "Nik this is Pyrrha Nikos, the highest ranking fighter in Vale. Pyrrha this is Nikolai Boyka, the newest fighter in Beacon squadron"

Pyrrha: "A pleasure you meet you Nikolai"

Pyrrha put a hand in front of Nikolai which he gratefully shook.

Nikolai: "Pleasure to meet you too, I've seen your fights and I have to say you are amazing in your craft"

Pyrrha: "I heard of your first fight but I never got the chance to see it, I want to see what techniques you have in your sleeves"

Nikolai and Pyrrha went into the ring with headgear, four ounce gloves and shin pads. They went to the center of the ring and touched gloves, Nikolai quickly dodged a jab and a Muay Thai kick from Pyrrha. As he turned his attention back to the red head he was distracted by that same alluring smile, the damn smile that made Nikolai for the first time blush under his headgear. That feeling was gone the moment Pyrrha side kicked his chest.

Pyrrha: "Distracted Nik?"

Nikolai: "Not anymore"

Nikolai threw some punches which Pyrrha dodged but knocked her to the side of the ring with a side kick of his own, Nikolai dodged another incoming kick and kicked her thighs with Muay Thai kicks. Pyrrha's knee was blocked, they collided elbows, Nikolai's cross was dodged and Pyrrha's hook was head-blocked surprising Pyrrha.

Nikolai threw a jab which Pyrrha grabbed and took him down to the ground with a throw, she then put him into an arm bar which Nikolai was trying to prevent by holding his fist back from Pyrrha's pull

Nikolai kicked Pyrrha's head lightly causing her to let go, Nikolai got back up with a kip up.

Pyrrha: "Neat trick"

Nikolai went for a shuffle roundhouse which Pyrrha blocked, he then used a throw osoto gari and took her down the ground.

Nikolai then put her into a arm bar on mount, Pyrrha got out of it and put him into a triangle choke. Nikolai slipped his arm in and broke out going into a leg lock, before the match could continue the buzzer went off signifying the end of the match. The two got up from the ring bumping each other's fist.

Pyrrha: "Wow, your striking game is amazing and your grappling is something else"

Nikolai: "I could see why you're Vale's champion, good fight"

The two of them shook hands and continued to chat, Yang, Ruby and Blake watched from the sidelines.

Ruby: "Never thought Nikolai would be this versatile"

Yang: "Remind me to work on my grappling"

Blake: "Yang, we all need work on our grappling"

The three looked at the two fighters, both were similar in every aspect, but there was one difference between them. Pyrrha merely adopted fighting, but Nikolai was born in it, raised by it, and eventually...embodied into it. For there is no question, that he was the son of the most complete fighter in the world.