Chapter 9

The blonde girl smiled at the new information, "So you're his brother?" Izaya turned towards her and confirmed the statement with a nod. "That's correct, I am his brother." The girl grinned but it quickly turned into a pout. "Why have you never told us this Sebastian?" The question allowed Ciel to finally find his voice, "yes, why is that?" Sebastian let a mocking smile pass his lips, " Why young master, you never asked." Ciel's body shook in annoyance. "This isn't the type of thing I should need to ask about!"  Sebastian's smile widened at his master's outburst and used it as a chance to be clever, "And that's why you didn't know." Izaya sighed at the pointless argument. "Sebastian apologize to Ciel." He said in an exhausted tone. Sebastian spun his head to look at him and was about to protest when he saw Izaya's face. The tired expression he held made Sebastian feel a faint sense of guilt so he obeyed. "I'm sorry young master." He mumbled out hugging his brother a bit tighter. The sudden apology caused Ciel to choke on air. He coughed before quickly regaining his composure. Izaya however wasn't satisfied yet. "And what are you sorry for?" He asked causing his brother to groan dramatically. "For being rude." Ciel stared at Sebastian in shock before turning to look at Izaya in awe. Izaya felt a small twitch of a smile on his face although it left as quickly as it had appeared. He knew that the only reason his brother was behaving was due to the fact that they hadn't seen each other in a few decades. Sebastian would be back to his usual self in a few days once he got used to Izaya's presence. Izaya took a deep breath at the realization. He'll just have to enjoy this luxury while he still could. The carriage stopped and Sebastian got out pulling Izaya along due to the fact that he had been sitting on his lap during the ride. Even though they had stopped Sebastian still refused to let him go and he dragged him to the other side of the carriage and helping the Earl and the two females whose names were still unknown to him. Izaya, hating the lack of information that this visit came with asked. "I'm sorry ladies but may I know your names?" He asked in a polite tone, analyzing their reaction. The young girl's face lightened up at being acknowledged. "My name is Elizabeth Midford and this is my maid Paula! Isn't she simply adorable!" This girl was selfish and giving at the same time, her outfit indicated she had a strong obsession to cute things, even though he wasn't from England he had seen the way other children dressed and none of them were like this. Judging by the small glances she gives Ciel when she talks about it Izaya assumed he had something to do with it. A part of Izaya wondered how she would react if he drove her family to bankruptcy took them from her and burned them. He wanted her to cry in loss, but at the same time he really didn't like her voice. Maybe he would just cut her tongue out and let her choke on her own blood. A small tug from his brother, who had been forced to let him go and was now only holding his hand, brought him out of his thoughts. Izaya smiled and responded with a nod after a quick glance at the other woman. "Of course she certainly is! It's nice to meet you Miss Elizabeth." The young girl grinned and nodded again before running to Ciel's side. Izaya noticed that all of her movements were light and precise. She was trained and rather strong as well, but even so, she actively chose to hide it. Izaya wondered why this was, perhaps it was because it wasn't cute and so it wouldn't fit well with her obsession. He shook the thought away there was no need to get involved with this, in an attempt to shake off his curiosity Izaya turned to the other woman, Paula, that's what Elizabeth had called her, it was a strange name but ignoring that Izaya offered another smile and analyzed her as well. This woman was rather plain. Izaya had agreed when Elizabeth referred to her as adorable, but in reality she was just a bit better looking that average, still Izaya greeted her politely. "It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Paula." Paula smiled warmly and nodded. This woman had a bit of a parental aura surrounding her. Izaya noticed that she paid close attention to Elizabeth, she seems to play a motherly role towards the girl. This was not uncommon for maids and butlers. Izaya sighed in disappointment. This woman was not interesting at all. Izaya allowed himself to be pulled along by Sebastian, who had opened the door for them to be let in. The manor was quite beautiful and large as well. Izaya soon found himself plopped down on a couch in front of Ciel Phantomhive with his brother's arms wrapped around his shoulders, he couldn't remember how he got into the room in the first place. Elizabeth was gone, no doubt she was still somewhere in the manor though. Izaya turned his attention back to Ciel when his name was addressed. "So, Izaya, what brings you here?" Izaya leaned back and relaxed in his brother's arms. "I came to Sebastian but apparently he didn't inform you of my visit at all." Ciel nodded and gave an annoyed glance towards Sebastian. "You seem quite close, a bit closer than normal siblings. Tell me, is this a demon thing?" Izaya shook his head. "Not quite. You see, the reason we are partaking in this much physical contact is because we are in the process of memorizing each other's scents." A look of confusion crossed Ciel's face. Izaya let out a quiet sigh as to not offend the young earl. This would take some explaining.