Chapter 13

Izaya pulled white lace out of his hair and dusted pink glitter off of himself as he walked behind Ciel. He looked at his brother next to him only to find that he was doing the same thing. It seemed that lady Elizabeth felt the need to throw one more party before she left. sighing, the younger demon shrugged of his jacket and shook it out grumbling quietly to himself. He never realized how hard it was to get glitter out of fur. Izaya didn't miss how the young Phantomhive would glance back at the two of them before chuckling to himself. The boy was acting completely different now that the three of them were in public. It made sense considering he had to work twice as hard to keep up his reputation than anyone else due to his young age. Izaya also didn't miss the way Sebastian swept down and scooped up a stray cat off of the street. The older demon had moved faster than the human eye could see, sadly for him Izaya wasn't human. "I saw that." He spoke eyeing the older demon. Sebastian kept up his poker face and smiled. "What did you see little brother?" Izaya let out a sigh, "Don't 'little brother' me, put it down Sebastian." Ciel turned back to look at them curiously. Sebastian continued to walk while smiling, completely ignoring the younger demon's words and and his master's gaze. Finding the defiant act irritating, Izaya spoke again. " Sebastian, you know Ciel is allergic, you're his butler aren't you you're supposed to-" Izaya suddenly stopped in his tracks as his nose picked up a scent he knew all too well. The smell of cigarettes and sweets, Shizuo Heiwajima. Sebastian stopped walking and looked at his brother in confusion. He had stopped talking mid sentence. Ciel began to grow concerned and subtly he tugged on Izaya's shirt sleeve. Izaya absentmindedly ran a hand through Sebastian and Ciel's hair, the action had become a habit for him to use with anyone he cared about. Ciel pushed his hand away as an attempt to not seem as childish to the public while Sebastian fully accepted his brother's affectionate touch. Izaya looked around attempting to find the source of the familiar smell but in the end all he could do was simply passed it off as paranoia. He payed no mind to the way Ciel would hesitate while watching Sebastian almost purr before taking Izaya's hand and bringing it up to his cheek, nuzzling it lovingly. If Shizuo was really here he would've attacked Izaya by now. That man was like a monster, he reacted without thought. And even if the smell was similar to Shizuo's he wouldn't just come to England so suddenly after discovering he was going to be there, right? How would he even afford the trip? And what about work? Izaya nodded to himself. There was no way that smell was coming from Shizuo Heiwajima. Izaya smiled reassuringly at the two others he was with. They both looked at him worried but still happy with the attention they were receiving. Izaya was unable to resist the look on their faces, they looked at him with a caring expression he hadn't seen since he and Sebastian last parted ways. He felt whatever was left of his heart melt in love and pride. He felt his parental instincts take over as he moved his hand from Ciel's cheek back to his hair smoothing it out. Izaya spoke gently, almost motherly, "I just thought I smelled something foul, no need to worry." The two of them nodded as they continued to enjoy the gentle feeling of Izaya's fingers running through their hair, that is they did until Ciel suddenly began sneezing violently. Izaya saw the lump in Sebastian's jacket move around slightly and immediately moved Ciel away from the butler. "I thought I told you to get rid of that cat!" Sebastian backed away while holding his coat protectively. "But-" He began to protest but stopped abruptly when Izaya glared at his brother, "Ciel could have an asthma attack." A guilty look crossed Sebastian's face and he set the cat down. "He hasn't had an asthma attack in ages." The older demon grumbled and Izaya sighed, making a mental note to adopt a kitten for his brother and a puppy for Ciel when he got home. That way, Sebastian and Ciel could have a place to play with their favorite animals. They'll have separate rooms due to Ciel's allergies, and walls made of glass so he could check on them both, as he gently guided Ciel down the street, Izaya made many mental notes trying to find a way for both of them to be happy. Izaya pushed away his previous thought as the three of them continued walking and bickering with each other too distracted with each other to notice the three people watching them. Shinra Kishitane was trying his best to hold in a laugh while Shizuo Heiwajima wanted to scream. "H-He said-" Shinra gasped, laughing between his words, "He said he smelled something foul when you got too close!!! And it was right after you said it smelled like shit and led us to him!!! What the hell are you two!!!" Shizuo growled under his breath before practically barking, "Shut up!!!" Shinra let out another laugh before barily managing to gasp out, "What are you two!!! Dogs!!!" he laughed harder and Shizuo felt himself slowly turn red. He opened his mouth to argue but a black PDA belonging to Celty Sturluson appeared between them. Like magic Shinra's attention immediately turned to her. 'Who do you think the two with him were?' The two bickering men looked at each other for an answer despite neither of them having one. Shizuo scoffed, "They're with the flea so they must be monsters." Shinra stared at the scowling blond with a judging look on his face. "Shizuo, one of them was a child, the guy with them was probably the kid's dad or something." Agitated, Shizuo yelled,"Then that bastard flea probably tricked them somehow!!!" The bartender's two companions sighed in defeat as he yelled. The three of them suddenly heard a feral growl behind them, they quickly turned around expecting to find some kind of stray pet or animal, instead, standing there, arms crossed and eyes narrowed, glaring down the three of them in disappointment and menace, was Izaya Orihara.