Chapter 7

There's no way they could ever find out, right? Then again, they always were the type to meddle in others affairs. Izaya played with his phone in an attempt to clear his head. For some reason, he couldn't shake the feeling that something was going to go wrong. Izaya pushed the thoughts out of his mind and instead thought about what it would be like when he arrived. He couldn't wait to see the look on little Ciel's face when he arrived, or the others for that matter. He thought about how he would tease Maylene and help Bart in the kitchen, after all, there were much more entertaining things that involve using a flamethrower besides cooking. The thought of a human's screams of pain and agony while beautiful red flames cooked up their skin filled his thoughts and Izaya chuckled to himself. He thought about Finny and Izaya frowned slightly, that boy was always so happy and quick to believe everything he was told, but he was loyal. In the end Izaya decided that he wouldn't tell him any lies, but even so, the boy needs to learn to tell lies and truths apart. Izaya also thought about the newest member of the family that he had yet to meet. Pluto, a tame demon hound, Izaya hadn't seen one in quite a while and although he didn't particularly like dogs, he got the feeling this one would be interesting. Izaya sighed content and leaned back in his seat slipping his phone back into his pocket. He closed his eyes and tried to sleep. Demons, unlike other species, don't actually need to sleep in order to function. Izaya just does it when he's bored or wishes to 'fast forward' a few hours he doesn't want to live through. Occasionally he uses it as an excuse when he doesn't feel like explaining things. Izaya fell into a deep slumber and happily manipulated his dream into what he likes to refer to as his, "dream room," which was just a regular old fashioned torture chamber where he was free to torment anyone he pleased as many times as he desired regardless of whether they were alive or dead. He had to be careful and make sure he wasn't fully asleep though, he didn't want to accidentally stop breathing and wake up to a panicked group. Izaya shivered as the memory resurfaced. Never again. Relaxing his muscles and clearing his mind, Izaya fell into a slumber.