Chapter 3

Izaya jumped back in surprise. He mentally slapped himself for not paying closer attention to his surroundings. He immediately remembered his phone call and felt a slight panic fill him. Izaya smirked and calmed himself down. It only looks suspicious if you panic. The headless rider pulled out her PDA and began typing. She showed it to him. 'Who were you talking to just now?' Izaya smirked darkly and walked past her. "No one special." Celty grabbed his arm stopping him from leaving. Izaya sighed and turned back to her. He watched as she began typing again. She shoved the PDA in his face and he read it. 'But you said you loved them?' Izaya resisted the urge to blush in embarrassment at being overheard. Instead he chuckled and gave her a smug smirk. "Doesn't mean I meant it." Of course he did but she didn't have to know that. Celty slapped him across the face before shoving the PDA towards him again. 'You really are a demon Izaya.' Izaya felt a wave of satisfaction at being able to deceive her so easily. "If you say so Celty." He laughed and left to go pack for his trip. When he arrived home he was surprised to see Namie yelling at someone. Namie noticed him first and yelled at him. "Izaya! this guy just showed up and sat down here! He's been ignoring me this whole time and won't say anything!" Izaya sighed and went over to his desk throwing his signature coat on his chair. This wasn't the first time someone broke in for information so he was used to it by now. He turned around and was engulfed in a strong hug. Izaya stood frozen for a second before breathing in a familiar scent that he immediately recognized. He hesitated for a moment before asking, "Sebastian?" The man pulled away and Izaya finally took a proper look at his brother. He felt his heart speed up in happiness and a grin adorned his face. "Sebastian!" He called throwing himself into his brother's chest and wrapping him in another hug. Sebastian laughed and pat his head. "How are you Iza?" Izaya let out a muffled reply from his chest and Sebastian rolled his eyes, a smile still resting on his face. Namie stood to the side watching with curiosity and annoyance. "Izaya, who the hell is this guy?!" Izaya groaned remembering Namie's existence. He let go of his brother and turned to her. It made sense for her to be surprised after all the only time Izaya would ever act so human was when he was with his brother, and the same went for Sebastian. It was ironic, two demons that only act human when they're together. "Namie why don't you take some time off and go see Seiji, beg him to accept your love, get rejected, etc." Namie growled in annoyance. "Whatever." She gathered her things and walked towards the door. Izaya remembered his vacation and called out to her. "Wait, Namie." Izaya waited as she turned around. "I'll be gone for a week so you get a week off too." Namie glared at Sebastian who had an amused smile resting on his face. "Sure." she muttered before heading out and slamming the door shut. Izaya sighed and flopped on the couch. Sebastian smiled and walked into the kitchen. The younger sibling turned to look at him. "So why are you here big brother?" He asked curiously. He was going to pack as soon as he got home, and the whole reason he was even going to visit London was to see him. Sebastian sighed and looked through his fridge. "Nice as always aren't you?" Izaya shrugged and Sebastian continued. "Did you really think I'd let you pack your own bags? Honestly, you'd take an elephant if you could." Izaya grumbled. "Of course I wouldn't! I'm perfectly capable of packing my own bags!" Sebastian gave him an unamused look as he began to pull things out of the fridge. "Last time we went on a trip I let you pack your own things and you ended up forgetting to pack shirts." Izaya remembered and looked to the side in embarrassment. "That never happened." He lied and Sebastian began adding spices to whatever it was he was cooking. "Is that so? I guess I figured it'd be hard to forget since when I went through your bag again to see if you simply hadn't searched well enough what did I find?" Izaya buried his face into one of the couch pillows. "I don't remember." He lied again and Sebastian started frying something. "I found a carpet, a flamethrower, three tomatoes, an empty piñata, and a squid." Sebastian wrapped some kind of bun in a napkin and walked over to Izaya. "Right..." Izaya muttered taking the offered bun from Sebastian's hand. "Careful, it's hot." Sebastian said and fried another bun for himself before taking a bite. Izaya followed his example and took a bite as well. His eyes widened as the taste of curry filled his mouth. "This is curry? Where'd you learn to make this?" Izaya asked taking another bite. "I created it for a competition my master asked me to win." Sebastian smiled feeling a bit of pride in knowing his brother liked it. He walked over to the couch and sat down beside Izaya's sulking figure. "So, back to the subject at hand," Sebastian began again and Izaya groaned. "Izaya, that squid was alive, where did you even, why did you even have it?" Izaya squirmed in his seat. He took another bite fully aware of his brother's gaze on him. "It was cute..." He answered turning his head. Sebastian stared at him dumbfounded before bursting out in laughter. Izaya blushed in embarrassment before shouting at him. "Shut up!" Sebastian smiled and ruffled Izaya's hair making the younger grumble. "I'll get you a pet if you want it, though perhaps not a squid, only you could think an animal like that is cute." Izaya nodded and smiled. They finished eating and Sebastian pat his brother's head. "Is there anyone you need to tell about this trip?" Izaya thought for a moment. He didn't really want to tell anyone. He'd rather leave with the knowledge that people would be surprised and suspicious at his sudden leave then a bit weary and relieved until he returned to strike fear and disappointment into their souls. "Nope." He said growing happy at the thought. "Alright then I'll go pack your bags." Izaya opened his mouth to object when there was a knock at the door. Sebastian smiled in triumph as Izaya went over and opened it. At the door was Celty Sturluson, Shinra Kishitani, and Shizuo Heiwajima. There stood the trio of annoyance, two with a scowl, and one with her hands on her hips. Izaya sighed in irritation. Of course.