Arianrhod Part Two:

Edelgard:

Taking orders from someone else...

It was something Edelgard had never really thought would happen, especially being Emperor for so long she was used to the idea that she held all of the power. And now... She's just a soldier like the others.

It was odd.

In a weird way it was also liberating since the weight of what happens will no longer be on her shoulder, but at the same time she disliked the idea that she would have to listen to Dimitri's orders greatly.

Was he even stable enough?

"Lady Edelgard" Hubert called out from beside him.

Edelgard looked over at him, "Yes, Hubert?" she asked.

"We will have to kill Cornelia," Hubert said while watching Edelgard's face.

Edelgard nodded, "I am aware" she said.

Hubert was quiet for a moment, "Those who Slither in the dark, may see it as an act of aggression and aim their forces on us" he said.

"I know" Edelgard said "But what other choice do we have, we cannot allow Cornelia to continue living" she said "And it's one less person we fight later on" she added.

Hubert nodded his head, "I agree, but there is no telling how your uncle will react" he said.

Edelgard frowned, "We are not siding with them any further Hubert" she said sternly "There is no use discussing this further, we are in the middle of battle" she added.

Hubert was silent for a moment, "Of course, Lady Edelgard" he said.

Edelgard slowed her pace down till she fell beside the others.

"I would have expected us to run into enemies by now," Ferdinand murmured. "I am surprised by how little reinforcement there is," he added.

"Isn't that a good thing?" Mercedes said.

Ferdinand rubbed the back of his head, "Yes and no" he said "Because there's a chance they are holding off using a good amount of force until we attack at Fhirdiad" he added.

"Ah, and so we'll be overwhelmed and crushed there," Lorenz said.

Ferdinand nodded and silence fell over them once again.

That's probably their plan exactly, leave an important fort for the taking. Allowing for them to deplete their men and resources before the big battle that will take place at Fhirdiad.

It was smart Edelgard will admit, but to sacrifice the soldiers in here for that...

Although Edelgard isn't one to judge on that matter either. She would have done the same if it meant achieving her goal.

"Prepare for battle" Ferdinand shouted.

Edelgard lifted her axe, up ahead there were two fortress knights stationed.

The ground around one of them shook, Edelgard recognized it as a Ragnarok spell. And soon the knight crumpled to the floor.

Hubert fired a few Miasma balls at the other knight till he fell.

Edelgard pitied them.

To die for someone who would use them as bait.

Their sacrifices will not be in vain. She has to believe that.

"Lady Edelgard, what way do we go?" Hubert asked.

Edelgard looked around and they had two options. Either go up the stairs or keep going down their path.