Path of Thorns:

Dimitri:

"Kill her already" Glenn hissed "Don't waste your time on why she did it, avenge us already" he shouted. Dimitri stood a few feet away from that... that woman, who took everything he ever loved and cherished away from him.

Dimitri had already assumed that Edelgard might be the Flame Emperor, but he always hoped that he was wrong, that perhaps the Flame Emperor and Edelgard just so happen to have the same dagger.

But of course, that did not happen, and now here he was standing before a defeated Edelgard, finally the dead would have their revenge.

Dimitri stared at Edelgard, waiting for something more than the response she had given him. He felt the anger rising within him "Ha! It was foolish to think I could reason with a lowly beast" Dimitri spat "You are a monster..." he added, and was about to lunge at Edelgard and snap her neck with his bare hands, but stopped once Byleth ran in front of Edelgard.

"Dimitri stop" Byleth said with a shaky voice, she raised the Sword of the Creator towards him, "You can't do this" she pleaded, he could see the desperation in her eyes. Dimitri wanted to tell her that Edelgard was undeserving of Byleth's pity, that she deserved a harsh death by his hand.

"Byleth what are you doing?!" Dimitri hissed, he noticed that she flinched when he spoke, was she afraid of him now?

And then this bad situation became worse within a matter of seconds. Dimitri did not think that Byleth was trying to side with Edelgard necessarily, it was more likely that she was trying to prevent Dimitri from killing his step- sister with his bare hands.

Lady Rhea however did not see it that way. "You... How dare you!" Lady Rhea shouted as she walked over to stand beside Dimitri, she was practically shaking with rage.

Dimitri heard Edelgard whisper something to Byleth, then Hubert warped behind them.

Dimitri felt Byleth's gaze on him and he looked up to meet it, Byleth's eyes however offered him no aid in trying to decipher her action to stand beside his step- sister, he wanted to know why she choose to help Edelgard.

No, he needed to know.

Dimitri's thoughts were disturbed by Lady Rhea's voice, "So this is the choice you have made" she said icily, Dimitri felt a shiver go down his spine. "You are just another failure" she shouted at Byleth, who flinched at those words "Your presence soils this Holy Tomb and disgraces my brethren" she hissed "I will not allow one who would lend our enemies strength to wield the power of the goddess Sothis" Rhea began "I have passed judgment, and now I shall rip your chest open and take back your heart myself!".

Where Lady Rhea had stood a green and white light began to engulf her figure.

Dimitri watched in horror as Lady Rhea morphed into a dragon like beast.

"Heh. That must be the Immaculate One..." Hubert said.

"Yes. The monsters that have controlled Fodlan in secret for far too long..." Edelgard stated, "Rhea is their leader" she added.

"There is no time to waste. Your Majesty, Byleth, we must escape while we can" Hubert declared,

Dimitri quickly turned to see as Hubert warped Byleth and Edelgard away, he felt a pang of relief knowing that Byleth was at least momentarily safe from Rhea's wrath.

"Fleeing is Futile" Rhea shouted, Dimitri wondered if what Hubert and Edelgard had said was true about Rhea being the Immaculate One.

But then again, he witnessed her transform right before his very eyes. Rhea is in fact the Immaculate One.