A Prince's Proposition:

Claude:

It had been roughly two and a half weeks that Byleth and the others had gone and left for Brigid. Claude had been responding to letters from Alliance nobles when a loud voice at the entrance called out his name.

Hilda.

"Clauuudddeeee" Hilda called out once again, "Did you miss me!?" she asked with a laugh

"Ah, back so soon?" Claude asked "The skies wept as your beauty was in foreign lands" he added.

Hilda shook her head, "Yeah, I know" she said "Oh! Claude you won't believe who we ran into when trying to get into Brigid" she said.

Claude tilted his head in confusion, "Who did you run into?" he asked.

Hilda frowned, "Sorry but it's customary to guess" she said sternly.

Claude shook his head, "I won't guess so you might as well tell me" he replied.

"We ran into Catherine" another voice called at the entrance of the classroom.

Claude looked over to see Byleth and Edelgard.

"We managed to fight her off, but she had troops with her" Byleth said "She had the same idea as us with Brigid" she added.

Claude frowned. That was not good news.

"So, the church of Seiros's soldier count might be higher than we estimated.

Byleth nodded, "That's what I think too" she replied.

Claude rubbed the back of his neck, "But why were they guiding forces into Brigid?" he asked.

"Ah, Petra mentioned the Church of Seiros had been threatening them for some time now" Byleth said "Which is why she thought her Grandfather would provide us with men" she added.

Claude nodded his head, "That makes sense" he said "Anyhow, I am glad all of you made it back ok" he added.

"I'm going to go now," Hilda said, "I need a nice relaxing bath," she said and left the classroom.

Claude sighed, "I don't know about Hilda sometimes" he said "Anyways, do you think that they may try to strike her at the monastery again?" Claude asked.

Byleth shrugged her shoulders, "Honestly, we don't know" she replied "That's why we rushed back in case they were to try that" she added.

"We would have been fine," Claude said.

Byleth frowned at him, "Perhaps" she began "But I didn't want to risk anyone's lives either way" she said sternly.

"Always the hero Byleth" Claude said.

"Is there something wrong with that?" Byleth asked, her frown remained.

"In your case, yes" Claude said "Byleth you guys fought Catherine and her men then rushed over here to ensure that we were safe" he said sternly "I bet everyone is exhausted and fatigue, what do you think would have happened if they were invading us again?" he asked "You would have died, all of you" Claude said before she could say anything. "Don't get me wrong Byleth, there is nothing wrong with caring about your friends and wanting to save them" Claude said "But to the point where you constantly throw yourself in dangerous situation is not ok" he said "It's only a matter of time before you get yourself gravely injured" he added sternly.

Byleth was silent for a moment.

Maybe he was a bit too harsh.

"You're right" Byleth finally said, "I know that I may not make smart choices at times Claude, but I assure you that it is with everyone's best interest in mind" she added.