Protecting Derdriu:

Byleth:

The following morning after Byleth and the others arrived at Riegan Estate to help Claude with fighting the Imperial army making its way to Derdriu, Claude gathered everyone into his study.

"What's this about Claude?" Hilda asked.

"Seriously, it better be urgent especially since you woke us up this early" Linhardt yawned.

Byleth looked at Claude, he had bags under his eyes and looked exhausted, "Claude are you ok?" Byleth asked.

Claude nodded, "Yeah..." he sighed and rubbed his forehead, "Anyways the reason for this meeting is because we need to prepare for the Imperial army to attack Derdriu" he said.

The room fell silent.

"They made it past my Father's troops?" Lorenz asked in a quiet voice.

Claude nodded, "Yeah... They did" he sighed "The Count is fine though; he was able to retreat in time" he added.

"So, we need to ask the Kingdom for aid now, huh?" Hilda said

"Yeah, I already sent an express message to the Monastery to ask Dimitri for aid but... Who know if it will even reach them in time" Claude said while shaking his head, "Or if they'll even come" he added.

"Hey, it doesn't matter whether or not they come" Yuri said, "Regardless we're still going to fight like hell and do everything in our power to stop them" he added.

Bernadetta shook her head, "I don't know... Lord Arundel is renowned for his battle prowess in the Empire" she said quietly "He isn't going to be easy to beat" she added.

"Bernadetta, Yuri said that to burst morale" Linhardt said "It doesn't matter if it's true or not" he added.

It went back and forth like that for a while, not that Byleth blamed them. They were scared.

"Alright everyone shut up" Claude called out, and they slowly began to quiet down. "I understand that everyone is nervous" Claude said "But we have a lot that needs to be done" he added.

"How long do you think it will be until the Imperial army reaches here?" Byleth asked.

"Two maybe three days if we are lucky" Claude replied.

That wasn't very much time, and by the looks on everyone else's face, they felt the same way about it as she did.

"When do we start evacuating people on board the boats then?" Byleth asked.

Claude rubbed his forehead, "Hmm, we should send maybe two of you out as look out on the Imperial army's progress and once they get to close we start evacuating" he said "Lorenz and Yuri, you both will be lookout" he said.

"You got it" Yuri replied

Lorenz shook his head "Well I suppose someone has to do it" he sighed.

Claude smiled at them, "Great" he said "Now there will be two ships full of citizens, Caspar and Marianne you will be on one boat to ensure that the citizens aren't harmed. Bernadetta and Lysithea you two are on the other" Claude said.

"Aww man, I want to be where the action is" Caspar groaned.

Claude frowned, "Hey protecting the citizens is what matters most" he said sternly.

"Yeah I guess your right" Caspar replied

Claude nodded, "Byleth, Hilda and I will be facing them head on" he said.

Hilda frowned, "Um I didn't sign up to die" she whined.

"Hilda we aren't going to die" Claude said, "Well also have Judith with us, and Lorenz and Yuri to help as well once they arrive" he said then paused for a moment "And maybe just maybe, we'll also have the Kingdom's support" Claude added.