Protecting Garreg Mach:

Byleth:

Byleth laid in her bed, hours past by but sleep evaded her. Maybe my body is trying to compensate for being asleep for so long, Byleth thought, she slowly got up. There was no point in trying to fall asleep, that obviously was not going to happen tonight.

Byleth wandered around the monastery aimlessly, she eventually found herself at the fishing pond that was beside the green house. She realized that she was not the only person tonight to want to seek solace in the tranquility of the water. "Hello Dad" Byleth said.

Jeralt looked back towards Byleth he had a line cast into the water, "Hey kiddo" Jeralt replied "Want to join me?" he asked and scooted over on the dock, making room. Byleth silently sat down beside her father, she listened to the slight humming noise he was making as he was fishing. They sat in silence for a few minutes before Jeralt spoke up, "I take talking to Dimitri didn't go well?" he asked.

Byleth sighed and nodded, "How long has he been like that?" she asked.

Jeralt paused for a moment thinking, "For some time now" he replied.

"Have you and the others been with him this whole time?" Byleth questioned.

Jeralt nodded, "Yeah, the four of us fled from the monastery on the same day" he responded.

Byleth nodded, "Why was Dimitri supposed to be executed?" she asked.

Jeralt sighed "When we got to Fhirdiad, there was this Lady Cornelia, I think her name was" Jeralt began "She wrongfully imprisoned Dimitri for the murder of his Uncle, the King regent" he said "And since we had come with the Prince, we were also going to be executed alongside of him" he added. "But, something happened, Dedue was able to get out of his restraints and fight off the guards that had us" Jeralt said "After he managed to get them down, he helped us all out of our restraints" he said "Then the four of us had to fight our way out of the castle, which was pretty tough" Jeralt sighed "We were real close to losing Dedue" he added.

Byleth nodded, she was glad that they all had at least managed to get away with their lives. "Why did she do that?" Byleth asked.

Jeralt shrugged his shoulders, "Honestly, I don't know for certain" he said "But my best guess is that she wanted the throne" he added. Byleth shook her head, "Anyways, I have a few questions of my own" Jeralt stated "Why exactly did you side with Edelgard" he asked.

Byleth sighed, "Because Dimitri was about to kill her" she said.

"So?" Jeralt said.

Byleth frowned at her Father, "I can't let Dimitri kill Edelgard, he doesn't know all of the pieces of information, he's just making assumptions based off his emotions" she stated.

"And because of this information you were willing to become an enemy of the church?" Jeralt asked seriously.

Byleth froze, she did not want to tell her Father about what had transpired between her and Lady Rhea the night before the Holy Tomb. "How can you chastise me for this, you were apprehensive of the church as well" Byleth retorted.

Jeralt sighed, "I suppose you are right" he said "So what is the Leicester Alliance's game plan?" he asked.

"We plan to fight back against the Imperial army for the time being" Byleth replied "However, it is with intent to side with Edelgard" she said, "Then we will take down the remnants of the Church of Seiros" she added.

"Do you really think Edelgard will cave and join?" Jeralt asked.

"I think if we don't give her an alternative, she will" Byleth said.