Chapter Four

Chapter Four.

    I pull into a parking space in front of the baseball field and shut of the engine. I look over to see Sam getting out of his car, we both head to the trunk of our cars. Sam grabs his bat and glove out, while I fish around in my messy trunk for my glove. I finally find it hidden in the far left corner. Man, I haven't touched this thing in years.

    I run my fingers over all of the wear and tear that happened through the years that I actually put it to use. I'd be lying if I said that I didn't miss softball, because I do. It was fun, back in the days when I had friends that were girls. Now, I kind of have a girl-friend, and that's Jenna, but I still don't know her very well.

    I dig around a little more and find a baseball to use. It's amazing that I still keep all of this junk in here. I remember when I first got my car, I was so excited because I'd be able to take myself to practice and that's all I cared about. Then Josh had to come along and ruin my plans.

    "So, are you sure that you don't want to back out," Sam laughs.

    I shake my head, slamming my trunk shut. "No way," I smile as we start walking closer to the gate.

    "How exactly do you plan on getting in?" Sam questions.

    I pull a bobby-pin out of my hair, that I purposely put in my hair this morning for this and wave in in front of his face.

    Sam's eyes widen. "Oh, that's great, you're going to pick the lock?" he gasps.

    I laugh. "Relax, don't be such a good-boy," I tease. I pull apart the bobby pin and stick it in the lock, twisting it a couple times until it pops open.

    "What if we get caught?" Sam asks. "You know they send officers around here at night," he informs me.

    I shake my head. "Then I'll sleep with the cop and get us off," I say, not showing that I'm actually joking; just to see his reaction.

    "That doesn't make me feel any better," he chuckles. 

    I push open the gate and start to walk onto the field, but Sam's hesitant. "Dude, relax, I'm kidding. Do you really think that I'd do that?" I laugh.

    Sam stops walking and thinks for a couple seconds, like he's actually putting it into consideration. Then he smiles and shakes his head. "You're a lot of things, but a solicitor isn't one of them," he teases.

    I smile, satisfied. "Then what am I? Since you think you know me so well," I challenge.

    He shrugs. "To be honest, I don't really know that much about you. I just know that a lot of people don't like you," he admits.

    "Like your girlfriend?"

    Sam laughs. "Especially my girlfriend," he states. "Speaking of, would you mind not telling her about this?" he asks. "It's just, I know how Brielle is, and she would think that there's something going on between us."

    I feel the corners of my lips curl into a smile. "So...we're keeping secrets from your girlfriend now?" I joke, testing his limits. After all; this is how it starts.

    "No, don't go making this into something it's not," Sam tells me.

    Why do I get the feeling that this is going to be harder than I thought?

    I stop when I get to the pitchers spot and tell myself that I need some warming up. Since, I haven't done this in a while I might be a little rusty-just a little though. It's obvious that I'm still good, because talent like mine doesn't just go away. "Do you want to warm up first?" I change the subject.