Chapter Six.

Chapter Six

There are situations, like the one I'm in now that make me wish I had more friends. While I'm swinging on one of the swings, Jenna is over at the picnic table, sitting on Brian's lap, flirting with him. Actually, it's a mutual flirtation, it's also completely gross and annoying to look at. Especially since I'm mad at him for what he said to me earlier right after his game.

The more I look around at the people here, the more I want to be that girl that guys just flirt with. I envy Jenna in that way. Especially since she's new around here and not many people even know who she is. Jenna has the chance to be whoever she wants to be and here I am; stuck being somebody that everyone knows. That's one thing I want to change, I want to go somewhere, anywhere where nobody knows me, or anything about me.

"Why are you over here all by your lonesome, looking all depressed and shit?" Somebody's voice interrupts my thoughts.

I look up and see one of the baseball players, Tommy. I'm not in the mood to play the slut game. It's one thing if other people think horribly of me, but when my own brother does, I kind of want to break out in tears. Earlier was the first time that he's ever said anything like that to me.

"What do you want, Tommy?" I question, swallowing my sadness.

Tommy shrugs, sitting in the swing next to me. "Brody's over there breaking up with Hayley," he informs me, pointing to the couple standing near a large oak tree. Sure enough, Brody's back is to us and he's talking to Hayley.

I can't help, but laugh. "Why?"

"Apparently he's into you," he answers.

"And you're telling me this because...?" I prompt.

"Because I'm into Hayley."

I nod along. "Well, you're welcome."

He chuckles. "Yeah, thanks, I've been waiting for them to break up since they got together."

"Me too," I agree. "Brody's an asshole."

Tommy nods in agreement. "Can I be honest with you?" he asks randomly.

I laugh, unsure of what he means. "Should I be scared?"

He smiles nervously. "No, it's nothing bad, I just...I used to have the biggest crush on you," he admits.

"Oh..." I trail off not knowing where he's taking this little confession.

"I don't know why I'm telling you this," he laughs.

"Why are you telling me this now though, if you're into Hayley?" I ask, my voice full of confusion. "It's not really the best conversation starter," I giggle.

Tommy chuckles. "I spent all of my junior year wanting to ask you out on a date, but I never did. It still pisses me off every time I'm around you."

"Why didn't you?"

"Would you have taken me seriously?"

I slowly shake my head. "Probably not..." I mutter.

"That's why," he points out.

"I probably would've slept with you, if we're having a moment of truth," I tell him.

Tommy laughs, looking down in attempt to hide his blushing cheeks. "That would've been nice to know, but I would've been more than happy with just a date."