Chapter Two.

Chapter Two.

I drive over to the baseball field, even though it's in walking distance, but it looks like I actually came from somewhere, instead of studying like a nerd in my car.

I get out of my car, leaving my things in there, but sliding my cell phone into the back pocket of my shorts. As I start walking closer, I see Brian sitting in the dugout with coach Willmus, while rest of the players are doing laps.

Most people would agree that for twins, Brian and I don't look that similar. We both have dark brown hair, and the same shade of baby blue eyes, but that's it. Our bone structure and our faces are really different.

"Brittany Malene," Coach Willmus starts, noticing me. "Which knuckle-head brings you here?" he chuckles, gesturing to his players.

I look at all of the nine guys running and wouldn't mind being here to watch every single one of them. Brody's running next to Tommy Carter and Ethan Holloway, and they're laughing about something as they run. I don't really know Tommy or Ethan all that well, I normally tend to stay away from jocks, but I'ce made exceptions for precious few, such as Brody.

I shrug, smiling. "Just here for moral support," I lie, sitting on the bench, next to Brian. "Why aren't you out there?" I ask him.

Brian swallows. "I got in another fight with Brody," he says quietly.

I sigh. "Damn, boy, are you trying to get kicked off the team?" I joke.

"He's not in trouble," Coach Willmus cuts in. "As long as they pretend to like each other during games, they can fight all they want at practice," he explains.

I laugh. Coach Willmus is can be a very laid back teacher. I had him for P.E. Freshman year and he was pretty cool. I can't tell you how many times I got out of his class to hang out with Josh. All I had to do was complain of 'cramps' and he wouldn't even let me finish before he wrote me a pass. He doesn't really care what you do. I could cuss, drink a beer, or smoke a cigarette in front of him and he wouldn't do anything. The only reason Brian and Brody got in trouble is because Coach Willmus doesn't like to be embarrassed and that's exactly when Brian and Brody did; embarrassed him.

"So why aren't you out there running laps, fatty?" I tease, poking his muscled gut.

Brian laughs at my attempt to cheer him up. Sometimes I feel bad that the things I do; effect him too. "Coach thought I should cool down," Brian explains.

I nod. "So what did you guys fight about?" I question as coach Willmus gets up and yells for the guys to bring it in, then he walks to meet them half way.

"Brody was bragging about you," Brian answers, clenching his jaw, like he's getting mad all over again.

I roll my eyes. "Brian, guys talk."

"Yeah, but not about my sister, and especially not in front of me," Brian replies. "He was asking for it, Brittany," he adds.

I sigh, shaking my head. Brian always tries to defend my honor, but honestly, I'm a big girl, I don't care. I decide to drop the subject, because there's no use in arguing with Brian, he normally wins in the end. Instead, I focus on the boys fooling around; pitching, hitting, and doing a lot of missing.

"Come on, Jacobs, my sister can pitch better than that!" Brian yells-jokingly at Sam who's pitching to Tommy at home plate. A bunch of the guys laugh.

I laugh too, and can help check Sam out. Sam's probably spent so much time at the beach and outside because his hair is a golden blonde from the sun. His skin is tan and covering his very toned muscles and they aren't too big, or too small; they're just right.