Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Sam parks in my driveway and shuts off the engine. "Is it really almost two in the morning?" he breaks the silence, glancing at the time on his cell phone.

I giggle. "Sorry I kept you out past your bed time on a school night."

"Maybe I'll sleep in biology and you can pick up the slack."

"Oh, so you want us both to fail?" I joke.

Sam chuckles. "We should probably study soon, I never finished catching you up," he points out, opening his door.

I groan, knowing he's right. "Let's not and say we did," I say, reaching for the door handle.

Sam stares at my grasp on the handle and shakes his head. "Don't you dare."

"And if I do?" I test.

"Oh, you don't want to know," he threatens, amused.

I sigh, waiting for him to walk around his jeep to open my door. I never thought I'd like a guy who open doors for me. Then again, I never thought there were still guys who opened doors.

"Shall we be British again, M'lady?" Sam teases, giving me his hand to help me step out.

"You're so cute," I blurt. I totally meant to leave that a thought.

"You're so cute," he returns. "Wait, did I just make you blush? You're blushing."

I cover my cheeks with my hands. "Sorry."

Sam takes my hands in his, pulling them away from my face. "Don't apologize, I like making you blush, I get the feeling that it doesn't happen to you often," he states, slipping his fingers between mine. "So about that studying thing, we should probably get some out of the way tomorrow. I have practice until five."

"I can come over after?"

"Or I could come over here," he suggests.

I shake my head. "I don't think that's a really good idea." Not only will my brother most likely be here, but I kind of have a strict no-boy policy when it comes to my room. After Josh, that's the one thing I wanted to be left untainted. I wouldn't be able to sleep in a room knowing what went on in it. It's much easier to make the trash than it is to get rid of it.

"Whatever works for you," He says.