chapter twenty one | lets go out

Sasuke got the sudden urge to see Hinata's face. It'd only been a few days since he'd last seen her, but he was already missing her soft features.

It was a Saturday evening and he knew Hinata was bound to be home at this time. He climbed the steps to the floor she was on, and lightly knocked on her front door.

Was he sure she was in? What if she didn't want guest? Was this a good idea?

Many things ran through Sasuke's head as he waited for the door to open. He calmed down, sensing a presence getting closer. He wasn't one to get frantic over such minuscule things, but when it came to Hinata he couldn't help it. She was someone he couldn't read.

Sasuke's ears perked up. The front door swung open, revealing Hinata, clad in her pajamas. She had on a silk shorts and spaghetti strap set. The ends of the shorts and shirt had flower embroidery, giving it a wholesome feel.

Sasuke stared at her.

Hinata was surprised. Sasuke didn't make any indications beforehand that he'd be stopping by today. She wasn't at all prepared for visitors. If she knew who was at the door, she would've changed into something more appropriate.

"What's the matter, Sasuke?" Hinata asked. They had been standing there in silence for a while. She wanted to break the awkward tension.

"Nothing. I was just taking a walk and thought I'd stop by." He lied. Hinata nodded, stepping aside she made room for Sasuke to enter her apartment. He shook his head.

"Let's go outside instead." He said. It was just after sunset, and the night sky was clear. Hinata agreed.

"I'll be right back." She said. Before going in she asked Sasuke if he wanted to come in. He declined, saying he'd wait outside.

It only took her about 10 minutes to get changed. Hinata closed the door behind her and locked it. Sasuke waited for her. They walked down the stairs and onto the paved path, streetlights illuminating their way.

"Where are we going?" Hinata asked. She didn't have anywhere particular where she wanted to go. She was just following Sasuke's lead.

Sasuke pointed, left arm outstretched towards what seemed to be the sky. He was motioning to the back of the village, the hokage heads. Hinata's eyes lit up. She hardly ever found the time to go up there, but that mountain was one of her favorite spots in the village.

Sasuke smirked at her reaction. He guessed he picked out a good place.

The walk through the village was tranquil. Hinata stopped by a stand, getting a few treats. She had been craving something sweet, and opted for dangos. She got Sasuke an order of rice balls. She handed it to him, but advised him not to eat it yet. She wanted to wait until they reached their destination.

Hinata and Sasuke climbed the stairs to the hokage stones. They got as close to the edge as they could. Sasuke sat with his legs dangling over the second hokages carving. Hinata sat criss cross right beside him. She took out her snacks and placed them in front of her. Sasuke did the same.

He munched on his rice balls quietly. He took large bites, finishing most of his meal within a few seconds.

"Look up." He told Hinata, last rice ball in his hand. She did as she was told and gasped at the sight. The stars were particularly bright that night. They shined like diamonds in the sky, giving off a mysterious shimmer. It was mesmerizing and in a way, romantic.

Hinata and Sasuke were under the same sky, seeing the same view. It made her feel like they were intertwined somehow.

"It's beautiful." She said in awe. Her head was tilted up, eyes focused on the atmosphere above her.

"It is." Sasuke agreed, however his gaze was no longer on the stars, they were on the girl next to him. He took the opportunity to study Hinata while she was distracted. She had light features, ones that only fit her face. Her eyes were tinted with lavender, giving them a soft glimmer. Her hair was dark, more of a midnight blue than black. It blended in perfectly with the night sky. She had pale skin, but it wasn't ghastly. The complexion suited her just right. Sasuke came to the conclusion she was very different from most girls. A natural yet humble beauty.

Hinata eventually came to the realization she was being stared at. At first she tried to ignore it, scared she'd make the situation awkward if she acknowledged the gaze. But then she decided to go with a different approach.

Hinata stared back at Sasuke with almost the same intensity. It was a moment that felt like forever. Hinata usually hated eye contact. She didn't know how she should go about it and it always ended up with her in flustered mess. This time though, it felt all too right to look Sasuke in the eyes. He was there, right in front of her, taking note of her, observing her. She was going to let him do as he pleased.

There was a slight breeze. It wasn't too bad but it was enough to make Hinata shiver. She lost contact with Sasuke. He leaned close to her, and wrapped his arms around her, trying to warm her up.

"Better?" He asked, his voice was hoarse from staying silent for so long.

Hinata shuddered, a deep blush forming from the neck up. "Much better, thank you." She whispered, snuggling closer him. Sasuke looked out at the village. The sea of lights streaming from the buildings lining the town were pretty from high up.

This was his home. He breathed in, the air feeling less suffocating compared to down below. Then exhaled slowly. Sasuke felt hands snake around his waist, binding him in a tight hold. He didn't struggle, instead leaning into the insistent arms.

Hinata locked eyes with Sasuke once again. This time however, she felt a strange pull towards him. They were dangerously close. Hinata wanted to, but she didn't know if she should. Sasuke took the initiative. He brought his hand up to her chin and tilted it back. He moved his head slightly to the right and dove in, kissing Hinata with certainty she wouldn't back away.