Breaking News: Park Sparrow is Finally Tied Down

dedicated to chemicales for the fantastic trailer that is absolutely the bomb.dot.com 

* * *

"I...do we--how do you know my name?" Vincent stammered. "I'm sorry for bumping into you, I didn't mean to frighten you or anything. I'm looking for a Park Sparrow. If you could just direct me to where she is, I'll leave you immediately."

What the hell was he talking about? I'm Park Sparrow. 

Oh, wait, my wig. 

Before I could explain who I was, a flood of people began to poke their heads around the shelves due to my not-so-muffled scream. I have to get him out of here, I thought. 

Logan appeared in a flash, pushing everyone out of his way as he arrived by my side, out of breath and a wild look burning in his eyes. 

"What happened?" he demanded, grabbing my wrist. Logan's eyes went from me to Vincent and he straightened his posture, his clutch growing a bit tighter. 

"Who are you?" Logan asked, his words sharp and cutting. "You're not wearing the uniform nor a guest pass. Do I have to call the cops?"

"No!" Vincent protested, a nervous chuckle escaping his lips. "I'm just looking for..." His voice died off as he took a long look at my bodyguard, his dark brows scrunching together before a gleeful smile spread across his face. 

"Logan Cross?" he exclaimed in Cimerian. "I've not seen you in ages, mate! I barely recognized you, it's so good to see a friendly face!" Vincent extended a hand and Logan's tense figure loosened up, and he gave me a bemused glance. 

"Vincent?" the boy across from us said, pointing to himself. "Vincent Blackewell?"

Logan quirked an eyebrow, disbelief plain on his face. "Vincent?" he repeated in our language. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I'm looking for Pa--"

He didn't get a chance to finish that sentence because I lurched forward and clamped my hands over his mouth. "Let's get you to the principal's office," I suggested in a low voice, "before you say anything you'll regret." People were whispering to one another with bright eyes that warned of gossip. 

The noble clans might not be recognizable on the spot, but there's nothing a quick snapshot and a search on Google couldn't pull up. If Vincent was identified, sooner or later, a connection could lead back to me. 

I grabbed the sleeve of Vincent's black sweater and pulled him out of the library before I let him go. My pace was quick, and the fear I had casted upon Vincent kept him jogging right after me. We passed the entrance to the dining hall, where I saw Minnie and Alec standing together, both of them carrying shrewd looks as they caught sight of Vincent. 

Zen appeared down a flight of stairs a few steps later, his eyes widening at the sight of the noble next tome. "Vincent Blackewell?" he asked. Alec and Minnie showed at that second, and they all shared equal looks of confusion. 

"Zen!" Vincent cried out. "Alec, Minnie--wow, I would've never expected to see you here!" He held his hand out to Alec first. "I heard you returned and were at the Whitepine wedding. I'm sorry I didn't get to see you there, I was out of town and--"

"Why are you here?" Minnie interrupted, a frown on her lips as her gaze darted between Vincent and me. "How'd you even find out about this place?"

"I'm looking for Park," Vincent answered, and then he glanced over to me, gulping as a nervous smile flickered onto his lips. "But I accidentally got caught up with this girl."

Logan and I exchanged a glance before we continued on, heading straight for the headmistress' office. Once we were there, Vincent entered first and everyone filed into the circular office. Zen and I shut the doors and locked them just as Catarina Cross jolted to her feet.