Introducing Alec Darkwood, the lost boy

dedicated to trenches for the first Alec banner I've been given (I think)!

* * *

Logan

"We've evacuated the place," Logan reported to Six, who was standing at the very edge of the roof. watching the plaza with a stony expression. "Squad 1 to 10 have not located Jasper. Squad 11 to 13 have yet to report."

"You sound ridiculously formal, Logan," Six sighed. "I haven't been your trainer for two years. We're practically equals.

Logan didn't say anything. It wasn't because Six used to be his old teacher that he was uncomfortable. Logan couldn't help it, but his mind kept thinking back to Park. He prayed with every bone in his body that she was okay, that she was back home, safe and protected from any sort of danger.

If she got hurt and he hadn't been there to help her. . . Logan didn't know what he would do.

"Ah, it's the princess that's got you all riled up," Six grinned, his heterochromatic eyes lighting up with amusement. "I didn't think you still liked her so much. Then again, I guess I should've known from the way you volunteered so fast."

"Shut up, Nathaniel," Logan grumbled, using Six' real name to tick him off, but Six merely laughed.

"How long have you held that crush, Logan? Ever since you were, what, five? Isn't it time you find a girl that'll give you a second glance?"

"Do your damn job and leave me alone," muttered Logan, turning away from Six.

"Speaking of girls, my sister might be spending time in Paradise for a bit. What do you think of that? She's always had a little-"

Logan blocked out Six' commentary, listening instead to the voice reporting in his ear. Logan cut Six off and relayed the information outside: the remaining squads had found nothing in the plaza buildings.

Logan rubbed his eyes, feeling the anxiety settling in. The signal couldn't be tracked, apparently-the signal was too fast, too numerous. He heard a voice in his ear a while ago, explaining how the only location they could pinpoint was the plaza. But now they were here, and there was nothing to find.

An agent approached them right then, a grim look on his face. "Six, we have bad news."

"What is it now?" Six inquired, lazily raising a brow as he turned to face the agent.

"It's...well, she did it again."

Logan didn't seem to understand, but Six clearly did. An irritated expression spasmed across his face. "That stupid--!" Six let out a growl as he ran his fingers through his blond hair, muttering a long stream of profanities under his breath.

"What's going on?" Logan asked the agent.

"The princess managed to escape."

No.

Logan's blood ran cold and the grip he had on his gun turned his knuckles a stark white. "Do you know where she's headed?" Logan asked, his own voice faint to his ears.

"No. We've searched every floor of the hotel, but there was no sign of her until the alarm went off. By the time we dispatched the agents, she vanished off the grid. She reappeared a few minutes later, but we haven't been able to find an eye on her."

He. Was. Going. To. Murder. Her.

"Great, now we have two situations on our hands. This is fucking amazing," Six seethed, gritting his teeth. "McKay!"

"Yes?" the agent asked.

"Extend vision to the entire city. Get as much access to any security cameras as you can and keep an eye out for anything that even makes you blink. Then-"