Oh, yeah, Flynn's plans are brilliant. Brilliantly suicidal.

disclaimer (!) i have never been to easkey in ireland, so the landscape and the village is very unfamiliar to me; i apologize in advance if you are from ireland or you have visited the areas of which i describe and find it a bit unbelievable--i didn't mean to do it to offend anybody, i just needed to manipulate the surroundings for the story--i did my best based off of pictures and what wikipedia told me. sorry again!!

* * *

Promptly after throwing Jonathan Fields into a cell at a prison (and when I say we threw him into a cell, I mean that Flynn literally chucked the man behind the bars like he was some deflated soccer ball), Flynn alerted the Dragons of his change of plans, learning they were already in flight. 

We hustled into a diner after that and using the number Flynn had given me, I phoned Zen, who was back at the apartment,  making sure that they were secure in the apartment, and relayed Flynn's emergency route should they need to escape. 

In a matter of forty-five minutes, Flynn had devised an entire plan for our team using fifty napkins and a ballpoint pen graciously given by one of the waiters. Once Flynn was completely confident with what he had drawn out, he ripped up the napkins and Zen again, giving separate instructions to Minnie, Zen, and Sophia on where they were to relocate and when they should expect his call.  

After that, he took me on the bus towards the Crowne Plaza in Blanchardstown. Once he quickly purchased a room for one, he gave me the key card and told me to listen for his call, just like he did with the others. Then, he left the hotel without another word, and even though I followed his figure back out into the rain, he disappeared like a ghost within seconds. 

I ended up heading up to the hotel room on my own, curling up on the bed, my fingers gripping my phone, a thrill fluttering in my stomach as I thought about what lay ahead of us. The end was drawing to a close. In a day, I would come face to face with the people responsible for the nightmares that I had experienced all these years. 

When I received Flynn's call the next morning, I checked out of the hotel within minutes. After buying a change of clothes at a nearby department store, I hopped onto a bus that would take me out to Easkey. The weather still hadn't cleared up, and my eyes watched as the rain doused the large windows as the vehicle sped past the greenery of the land. 

The bus screeched to a stop after a couple of hours. People got up from their seats and began making their way towards the exit, and I hesitated for a minute or two. This is it, I thought as a girl around my age passed me, her black hair pinned behind her ear with a skull clip. This is all going to be over soon. We would either win or we would lose. No one was going down without a fight, and I gulped as I realized that for some of us, Easkey could be our last stop. 

I prayed to the stars that maybe our luck could hold with us for a little longer. Then, I pulled my hood over my dark braid and pushed my sunglasses up my nose before I hopped off the bus. My brown boots created a splash that caused passersby to scowl and complain. I could only apologize quickly to an angry couple before stepping onto the sidewalk, searching for the older Darkwood. It was difficult with the glasses on, for everything had taken on a dull gold tint, and silhouettes and figures began to bleed into the shadows. 

It wasn't until I was nearing a small restaurant up ahead did I see his familiar figure close by. He was leaning against a window of some shop, looking straight ahead as he stood under the cover of the patio umbrella. 

Sophia, Zen, and Minnie weren't anywhere in sight, which was odd. I'd thought Flynn's plan was to gather us all in Easkey before we set off towards the coordinates that he swore he would have by today. 

Flynn gave a lazy wave when I stopped by him, not even glancing at me. Following his gaze, I saw that it was fixated on the restaurant in front of us.