Like Taylor Swift says: no amount of vintage dresses gives you dignity

dedicated to trenches for the absolutely lovely banners she made for this story as well as her comments on the chapters!!

* * *

"You're telling me that Sophia was the psychotic child back then?" Alec asked. Looking past Alec's head, I saw Elijah trying to sign me out of the hospital at the front desk. Technically, he was arguing with one of the doctors to let me go and it seemed as though the doctor was losing as the debate went on.

Of course he was losing. Elijah had been captain of his speech-and-debate team back in his rebellious teen years. And tonight was Halloween-I was to be responsible for getting rid of the three-thousand tons of candy Elijah had bought during the three days I had spent in the hospital. There was no way he was letting me stay another night if he could help it.

"Bratty," I corrected. "Psychotic isn't the right word to describe a child. I mean, she wasn't ripping apart bunnies." Yet.

Ever since the incident, I had kept my mouth shut about the return of my memories. Only now was Alec finding out about what I remembered. The other individuals who knew were Archer, Elijah, and Xavier Fell (one administered my health exam, the other two had access to those files). I hadn't been able to talk with Minnie or Zen about the truth because every time they visited the hospital, Logan was with them.

That boy had quite the explaining to do.

On one hand, I wanted to confront about why he lied. On the other hand, I wanted to give him the best right hook I had.

Maybe I really am a violent person.

"She set a cabin on fire and caused the both of you to have amnesia," Alec sighed. "Psychotic would be a lenient term. Stop being the bigger person about this. I want you to go find her and punch her."

"I can't reasonably punch her for something that happened eleven years ago."

"Why the hell not? Flynn left when I was ten and I still want to go find him and punch him the face because that's what he deserves," Alec scoffed. "You know what, go punch Logan while you're at it. Why did he lie to you when she nearly killed the love of his life?"

I was in the midst of taking a sip of the soda my brother had given me before he went to get the car, and suddenly, I couldn't breathe. Alec watched as I leaned forward in my chair, thumping on my chest as I tried not to spit out all the soda.

"Shut up, Darkwood," I coughed out. "I am not the love of his life, for the last time."

Mentioning Logan's name out loud made me wonder what Six had in plan for him. I had forced Logan to take a day off despite his insistence on guarding me home. After I reminded him that I would be in the care of two Dragons, he finally agreed for a day of freedom but then Six snatched Logan's Halloween away.

"Wow. For a moment there, you sounded exactly like a fish on dry land," Alec commented.

"Go punch Sophia and Logan yourself if you're experiencing such violent urges," I said. Alec merely shook his head.

"Logan, sure. But I can't punch girls," he argued. I gave him the you-did-not-just-say-that-to-me look then pointed at my eye, which, a couple of months ago, had been completely black.

"You're special," he said cheekily. "I had to punch you in the face, you held a gun to my head."

I hadn't even noticed that my brother had arrived until Archer said, "You punched her in the face?" Like a ghost appearing out of thin air, my brother stood right by Alec's chair, his presence completely unannounced and quite silent. Archer raised a brow at me. "I'm disappointed, little Sparrow, I thought you were preparing to become an amazing fighter."