This kingdom is ours.

Flynn and I couldn't wait. Elijah and Logan did try to hold Flynn back for a moment to remind him that technically, we were required to stay until all the heads of the clans marched out of the regius atrium. It was a tradition of respect and cordiality. 

But Flynn only glared at Elijah, held a middle finger to the doors of the atrium, before spurning on his feet and pushing his way through the crowd. Sharing a shrug with Archer, we followed him, Logan, Jasper, and Elijah on our heels (though Elijah's eyeballs had rolled quite the distance into the back of his head). 

We bolted to their cars. Archer hopped into Flynn's ride and Logan pushed me into Elijah's while my little brother took a seat besides me. Before I knew it, the boys were racing their way from Drageryian Hall to Riveria Hospital and Treatment Center. Honestly, I was surprised neither of them got a ticket at the speed they were driving. 

It was like the Dragons had some dire need to express their power through breaking speed limits and collecting tickets. 

In the blink of an eye, Elijah was pulling into the parking lot just as Flynn was scrambling out of his car, Archer at his side, the two rushing into the hospital. Elijah tossed Jasper the keys after he stumbled out and was gone from our sight within seconds. As I climbed out from the car, I made the mistake of placing too much pressure on my sprained ankle, letting out a strangled cry while I slammed the door shut. 

Logan paused by my side, placing his hand on my elbow, steadying me, as I sucked in a sharp breath. "Don't push yourself, princess. You shouldn't even be in heels."

"I'm fine, Mother," I scoffed. "I lasted this long, I can last anoth--" 

I took a step and yelped again, cursing when my ankle refused to give me the support I needed. Jasper snickered at the irony while Logan heaved an exasperated sigh, shaking his head. 

"Always the stubborn one, aren't you?" he asked. In a swift motion that took me by surprise, Logan swept me into his arms, ignoring my outburst of shock. 

"Logan James Cross, let me down!" I protested the entire time Logan carried me into the hospital, Jasper laughing as he walked with us. The nurses and doctors gave us stares, mouths wide, some even giggling as Logan marched on past, but he paid them no mind. 

"Cross, remember how we're not dating?" I hissed into his ear as we met Elijah by the elevator. 

"Cute," my cousin winked. "Very low profile, you two. Hey, Logan, don't you have a girl back at home?"

Logan dropped me gently onto my feet, his hands lingering on my waist before they came up to ruffle my hair. He grinned down at me just as the elevators doors opened. 

"She was my best friend when we were little, Elijah," Logan said, loudly enough for the passing nurses to hear. "You can't shame me for wanting to get close to her again."

The metal doors closed, allowing Logan to take my hand for the moment, squeezing it tightly. "You did well, princess," he murmured. "You impressed everyone up on the second floor. Little Eleanor Kingsley couldn't stop saying how she wanted to be just like you when she grew up. You can imagine how well that went with Lord Kingsley."

Jasper beamed at me. "You looked just like the paintings of Alexandra. For a second, it looked like your anxiety and stress never existed." Jasper beamed at me. Returning his smile, I pinched him on the cheeks and drew him close against me. 

"Speaking of nobles--what did Fell want with you?" Elijah inquired, raising a brow. "The queen looked about ready to march after him. It too Lancelot and Lady Starkling to calm her down." 

"Oh, you know Frederick Fell," I sighed just as the elevator doors opened up for the seventh floor. Logan dropped my hand and I limped out first, my eyes searching for Flynn and Archer. "It was the usual threat on how the Sparrows need to stay in line. 'You're breaking the law,'" I mocked, lowering my voice to a baritone. "'Watch yourselves or I'll make sure you won't get away with it.'"