Chapter Twenty-Six

Rosaline's POV:

When Niall and I got in last night, it was about one or two hours passed midnight... so, technically we arrived this morning. Harry was the only usually awake at the time, in fact, he was always wide awake as though his hours were off and he had slept throughout the day. He told us that Niall was to pack his bags quickly, and that he had approximately five hours until departing the house. The boys had meet and greets with their fans that were rescheduled one week earlier due to weather conditions.

So, Niall and I stayed up all night packing his suite case. Or rather, I stayed up all night, while he drifted in and out of sleep, mumbling unintelligible things to me. As he mumbled through the fog of his slumber, Niall was also sprawled out on the floor next to me, cocooned in a quilt while trying to stay awake. I yawned while finishing the task at hand.

Everybody must have been just waking up, because I could hear about five different alarms going off throughout the house, including Niall's.

I was so tired, that I figured if my eyes dared to blink, I would fall into a twenty-four hour coma.

I sat there, staring at the blank TV, trying to place a picture of the screen with my mind. My eyes fluttered slowly and my body slouched.

I'll just close my eyes for a second, I told myself as the rim of my lids burned from the exertion of staying open.

The constant beeping of the alarm turned into a soft music in my head. It didn't bother Niall either, because he didn't flench as the sound proceeded for minutes more.

But it must have bothered anybody with neighboring bedrooms, because the door creaked open. I swung my head around, becoming abruptly coherent and aware again.

The light had been flicked off when I noticed how bright the sky was. The brightness was suddenly so blinding that I had to squint. One side effect of no sleep was exaggeration. My eyes were melting.

Leave it to Liam to force you to use natural light when freely provided... He looked dead on his feet as he stepped in the room after registering that neither, Niall and I were naked. He rubbed the corner of his eyes with his thumbs.

"I'm sorry," he said, after a few moments, he opened his eyes fully now. He wasn't quite too embarrassed. "I forgot you're here, no offense. I'm just so use to waking Niall and Zayn up."

I laughed, but it probably came out like a gargling sound. He got what I was attempting to do, because he lifted the corner of his mouth in response. "I've got it Liam... Thanks."

He nodded while turning off the alarm clock, then stood there in the threshold for a few seconds before talking again. Niall was still asleep.

"So, will you be all right for the next few days? Alone, I mean... considering we'll all be gone, and Sophia will be too." Liam was always concerned with other's needs, which made him easiest to get along with.

It was then that I remembered: I would be completely alone. The thought stung. I was no longer sleepy.

"Sophia?" I swallowed the lump that was threatening to form in my throat.

"Don't you remember? Her flight to Ireland is today as well. About half an hour after ours..." He smiled, sadly.

I could have sworn it was in an additional amount of days. Plus, I had not even packed anything for her, nor had I spent any time with her.

Niall groaned from the floor next to me, whining. "Why are you guys talking so loud? I wanna sleep."

"Niall, get up. We've only got an hour and a half mate." Liam turned to leave the room, but remembered he was talking to me.