Chapter Forty-Seven

Chapter Forty-Seven~

Niall's POV:

"Is that the last box?" I asked Rosaline as she packed her stuff up to move to London fully.

I actually didn't mind her moving there permanently forever, it just meant I get to see her often than usual. She'd be living with her parents again, but I'd still see her. It just bothered me that we had so many memories in this house, and now they were selling it.

Maybe I could buy it?

But then what would I do with it? Wait until Rose and I started a family to live in it? Ha. I don't think so...

"Yeah." She said, walking into her closet.

I followed her.

And since there were no clothes hung up in the closet, the hidden door was seen blatant as day.

She held on to the knob as if she wanted to open it, but couldn't.

Then turn to me, "Let's just leave."

It looked almost as if she was prying her hand away from the knob with the other hand, because she didn't want to let go.

And then we did as she said. We left.

I carried the last box down to the truck, that would be taking her belongings and mailing them to England.

Just in case, I went back into the house one last time to check for any last boxes that we'd accidentally missed.

The only thing conspicuous about the living room was the fact that the whole room was clear apart from a white grand piano that was stood in the same place after years and years, literally. Never moved an inch. How do I know? Well, because I remember a scratch in the floor boards just a centimeter from the front right leg of the piano that I had accidentally made by making Rosaline drop her Science Far project of a glass green house in grade 8.

Whoopsie...?

I wouldn't be surprised if the piano had a permanent grip on the floor, formed by dust and moist.

My hands automatically glided across the white dusty surface in admiration.

I can remember the last time I heard it being played, but it hadn't been Rose... It was her father, Barren.

But I can't exactly remember the last time I'd heard her play, anyways.

"Niall, let's-"

I turned around frighten, and my actions took her by surprise.

"-Go?"

We stared each other, and her bottom lip quivered.

I don't know if it had brought her bad memories or if she just resented playing it for some odd reason, but she looked like I was pointing a gun at her head.

Her boots clicked as she made her way towards me from across the room.

"Play for me. Just one last time atleast." I said, absentmindedly.

I almost instantly regretted what I had said, when her face looked petrified with glossy eyes.

But notice how I said 'Almost'?

I would've regretted it if she hadn't smiled regardless the tears forming, and if she hadn't taken my hand, and pulling me around the side of the piano.

She sat me down on the white piano bench, and I was nearly about to protest, not sure if it would hold my weight since it was atleast 20 years old, but it did.