Chapter Forty-One

Happy Easter Gwizzz! :*

***

Chapter Forty-One~

Rosaline's POV:

July, 14th. (1 of 3)

It's 3am, and Niall texted me out of the blues.

The whole house was asleep.

Everyone except me.

'I love you.'

I replied: 'can't sleep? x'

'I guess, it's just one of those days.'

'Right. It's mutual.'

'How've you been?' He asked.

'Tired, aching, missing you.'

'I miss you too.'

'What about you?' I asked.

I shifted in my seat, at the edge of my bed.

2minutes later he hadn't reply, so either he was typing a paragraph, or fell asleep.

2minutes turned into half an hour... And I instantly knew he wasn't gonna reply until morning, and it'll say, 'Sorry, I fell asleep.' Or something similar.

I put my phone down on the night stand, getting up to stretch.

I wasn't tired, but I had no idea what I was gonna do.

Next I found my body moving faster than my mind. I wasn't running, it's just that I was doing before my mind could process my actions.

It was easy not to wake Addison or Sophia.

I went to my grandma's room, and laid next to her.

Of course I knew she needed sleep, but I wanted her to talk to me.

"Nana," I whispered.

She took my hand in hers, so I knew she'd heard me.

I flicked on the side lamp, never letting go of her boney fragile fingers.

She stared at me with a slight smile on her face as if she didn't have the strength to give me a proper smile, and I knew she didn't...

"You know, I love you." She said between her noisy breaths from the ventilators.

A tear rolled down my cheek, and I smiled. "Yeah, I know." I whispered. "I love you too. But do me a favor?"

She still smiled, "What?"

"Wait for me..."

She squeezed my hand, and then we just stared at each other, she only smiled, while I cried, smiling at her. This went on for at least three minutes.

Then at one point, she stopped blinking, and her smiled slowly faded.

She was still looking at me, and her grip on my hand loosened.

Right away I caught on...

I began sobbing, "No."

Out of all the time in the world, it just had to be now.

I squeezed her hand. "Nana! No!" I screamed at her through tears. "You can't leave me!"

Let the whole house wake up... I don't care.

I yelled for my mum, and she came running in, and then suddenly dropped to her knees after seconds of processing what in the world was going on.

She was gone.

Dad came running in after, then Addison limping.

I got out of Nana's bed, backing out of the room... Crying harder than I'd ever before.

I had to get out of this house. So I went running out the house, screaming and crying. China could probably hear me from as loud as I was.

She was actually gone.

And she'd left right before my eyes.

Her last words ever spoken were to me.

Her last words to ever hear, were from me...

The last hand she held... was mine.

The last face she'd seen... "It was Mine!" I screamed into the air, then dropped to my knees in the middle of the street.

Let a car hit me... Who cares? Surely, not me.

I tugged at my hair, likely to end up bald in the morning, throwing my fist into the pavement, which only made me cry louder.

For a millisecond I stopped crying to listen to my surroundings, what seemed like another person crying from a distant. I looked around to find a male sitting on the side walk, a few houses down.

I went to the person -sobbing myself- to see if I knew him.

He tugged at his hair like I did. He screamed and cried... Like I did.

He heard me, but ignored me... As he had a problem of his own. His head in his hands.

"Hello..." I sobbed sitting next to them.

"Hi." The guy said between sobs.

I wanted to hug him, but I didn't know him...

"What's wrong?"

And the guy began crying more than I had been.

It was my fault now, so I had no choice but to comfort him.

When he looked up at me, I realized who it had been.

James.

He was crying. Why? I don't know.

What ever the reason was, I now knew he had a soft spot... And maybe he was a changed person.

"Shhh..." I said, pulling his head onto my shoulder.

It was stupid how I was telling him to shut up, when I was crying myself. Very stupid, if you asked for my opinion.

He smelt like alcohol, "Are you drunk?"

"My parents died." He cried.

He was obviously intoxicated, but that wasn't the reason why he was crying.

Today was indeed the day his parents died; I remembered... And in addition to it, today was also the day my grandma'd died too.

We cried more.

"My grandma just died."

Then we reversed positions, and he pulled my head onto his shoulder, "I'm sorry."

My stomach was hurting from all the crying I did.