PURPLE Alternate Ending - Thirty-Four

"He needs help," Luce said as she had Liam's arm draped over her shoulders. "We can't have him out here like this."

"Okay, but where are we going to go?" Chubs asked as he had his other arm draped over his shoulders. "Nowhere is safe."

"Just take him back to the cabin," Ruby said. "We're not being followed-"

"That is such a dumbass idea," Chubs told her.

"Where else can we go?!" Ruby asked. "We can't have him out in the open. It's quiet, so nothing is going on."

"That's what they want you to think," Luke said.

Chubs told her, "And take it from a Purple- oh shit!" He jumped a bit as he didn't expect to see someone.

"Mike?" Luke asked. "What are you doing out here?"

He didn't answer his question as he looked at Liam. "I can help him."

§§§

Luke was near the entrance of the cabin while Ruby and Chubs were sitting on Liam's bunk. He was keeping a lookout for any nosey people, as well as in case there was trouble. Luce wasn't with them because she was with Mike and Liam.

"Where did you learn to talk like that?" Ruby asked Chubs.

He shrugged. "I tried to imagine what Lee would have said, and went from there." He rubbed the top of his head. "Did I really say he had pretty princess hands?"

Ruby looked at Luke as he looked back at her. Together, they started to laugh. Chubs looked at the two before he joined in on the laughter.

"All that," Ruby said.

"And more," Luke added. "But that was awesome."

Chubs grew a bit serious as thoughts emerged. "Umm, I didn't want to say this before but I guess I'll say it now." He took a deep breath before he said, "Clancy tried to get in my head but he couldn't. I know, you might think I'm immune or some shit like that, but Luce tried to get in my head before and successfully, although they were accidents." He sat up straighter. "I felt him trying to get in, but I guess with him," he tapped his forehead, "steel trap."

"Interesting," Luke muttered. "Let's not get into it now though, we have other things to worry about."

"Right," he agreed. "I just wanted to say that. Like in case he tries again or something." He shrugged.

Luce and Mike came stumbling in, one of Liam's arms over each of their shoulders.

"Lee," Chubs was saying, trying to get him to rouse. "Lee, can you hear me?"

The others helped him lay on the futon. Because of the light in the room, whatever was done on Liam's face could be seen. He wasn't broken, but he was damaged.

"Nothing is broken, thankfully," Luce told the others as she sat on the floor next to the futon. "He got one hell of a beating though." She carefully moved his arm that was hanging off the side of the futon, but with his strength he had his arm and her hand move across his chest.

"He needs antiseptic," Chubs said, "bandages, something-"

"We took care of that," Mike told him. "But if you come with me, I can walk you to the supply room and we can get more. No one will be out to bother us."

"I'm not going," Luce said as she looked at Liam.

"We know," Ruby said with a hand on her shoulder. "It's all right." She looked at Chubs before looking at Mike, all three sharing a look.

"I'll be outside if you need me," Luke said before he left with the others, but stood outside keeping a lookout.

Luce turned around to see no one was inside but him and her. "I'm sorry," she said as she looked back at him. "I could have done more and I should have..."