Fourteen

Vida was over at Chub's house to do homework. Earlier, his parents were on purposely giving him a hard time, considering they know about his crush. Thankfully, they stopped when she came over and his dad left to go to work.

Chubs' ears perked up when he heard his mother call for him. "I'll be right back," he told her, leaving his room to go see what she wanted.

Vida just nodded. Deciding to take a break, she picked up her phone from its charging station and brought it back with her to the little table up against the wall. She was scrolling through social media when she heard a vibrate.

Hidden under an open math textbook, she saw it was Chubs' phone buzzing. The screen lit with a picture of Liam and his nickname, Lee.

"Liam," she mumbled as she saw he was calling. Not answering it, she flipped the book back and continued on with her scrolling while she waited for Chubs to return.

Eventually, it stopped ringing and a missed call notification popped up.

Not even a minute later, a text message came in.

Curiously, she lifted the back cover up and saw it was Liam.

Glancing at the doorway, she could hear Chubs and his mother talk. With a devious smirk on her face, she decided to text Liam back.