PURPLE Alternate Ending - Thirty-Seven

Luce looked at Liam as he looked back at her. He directed her for them to go near the trees for some privacy. She nodded before getting up. Together, they went a few feet away from Chubs, Ruby, and Luke.

"I'm sorry," was the first thing she said when they stopped near the trees. "For saying I would leave. I didn't want us to be something we weren't meant to be in the first place."

He shook his head. "No, stop. I understand why you wanted you two to leave, especially after you heard my experience. I'm glad you're staying, but I know that's a big risk too. Who knows what will happen to us." Because of their height difference, he looked down at her while she looked up at him. Gently, he took hold of her hand and brought it to his heart. "You know this only beats for you?"

She softly chuckled as she wasn't expecting that. "You are...something e-"

She couldn't finish what she was saying because he interrupted her by kissing her. Their first kiss. It was very surprising that it was happening now, but also disappointing. When they pulled away, they looked at each other in the eyes.

"Why are we letting this be our first kiss?" He asked.

"We might have to let it be our last for a while," she told him sadly. She may be staying with her brother, but depending on what happens later on, they might have a different plan.

He looked away as he didn't like the sound of that. But, he looked at her again when she made him by grabbing his chin and making him look at her.

"For a while, okay? A Purple and a Blue, specifically you, who knows what they'll start thinking about."

"Just don't delete the kisses."

She shook her head. "I won't; I promise."

He was quiet for a while before he spoke, "Crazy thing is I had...I had all these plans...all these places I would take you and the others."

Using her side, she leaned against the tree. "Don't-"

"We'll be okay," he said as he held onto her hand, playing with her fingers a bit. "We'll just have to stick together."

"I know it sounds cheesy, but...I'd do it all again if it meant that I met you."

That caused him to smile. "You really think that?"

"Yeah," she said with a small smile of her own. She looked at Ruby, Chubs, and Luke. "Maybe make a few changes while at it though..."

"I mean, the way I see it, you and me...inevitable." He looked at his surroundings before looking at her. "I'm gonna tell you a story, okay?"

She looked at him, tilting her head as she squinted her eyes a little. "Okay..."

"Trust me with this." He took both of her hands and made her turn around so she was facing away from him. He had his arms around her as she leaned against him. "So," he started off, "it's summer in Chicago, and you're suffering through another boring hot July working part-time at the ice cream parlor."

"You remember," she mumbled with a small smile.

"Can't forget a place you always wanted to see." He chuckled. "But one day, the ice cream parlor runs out of ice cream. And that happens, you know? Your brother says, 'Hey, let's go to North Avenue Beach.'"

"Where are you in the story?" She decided to ask him.

"Me?"

"Yeah," she said with a small nod.

"Well, I'm in... I'm in Wilmington. Suffering through another boring, hot summer working at the garage...before heading off to some fancy university. My mom can't bear to see her baby leave, so she packs us up for one last week together at... North Avenue Beach."

She couldn't help but start to tear up a bit. "I see where this is going."

He smiled. "And then, as fate would have it...on our last day at the beach...I spot you. I mean, I'm in the middle of playing volleyball with my best friend, Chubs, while Zu is keeping score, but it's... It's like everyone else disappears. And you're walking towards me. You're with Ruby and you have these big sunglasses on, one earbud in while Ruby had the other, music blaring. You're beautiful. And you keep smiling and laughing, and looking out at the water, but...all I want to look at is you."

She closed her eyes for a moment, forcing her tears to leave from her eyes before opening them. "What happens next?"

"Well...I tell you that I love you."

She was surprised to hear those words from him. She was honestly not expecting him to say them, especially to her at this time. She took a shaky breath before saying, "Te amo."

He smiled as he heard her speak Spanish. "Yeah, te amo."

She laughed a little when she heard him repeat the words. She stopped when she heard Ruby speak.

"Hey, they're coming here," she told them.

She looked over as she saw a vehicle approaching. She could feel her body stiffen and her heart starting to beat faster. "Shit..."

He rubbed her arms as he could sense her anxiety creeping up. "It'll be fine. I promise. You have us, okay?" He took hold of her hand and guided her back to the three.

She kept in mind that she wouldn't hesitate to defend if they started something. She was no longer her old self when she first started using her abilities. No, she was much more advanced and confident now. And with her brother, they're stronger together.

Two black vehicles pulled up. Two guys came out of one and pointed their weapons at them. Cate and Rob came out of the other. She held her arm up to put their weapons down as she approached the four.