Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Regina POV

I woke up the next morning making breakfast. Trey was already awake helping me clean up the mess from last night.

I tried my best to talk to Carter last night but he locked the door and turned his music up. Times like these he's always an ass hole. All he does is think about himself.

But today was going to change, whether he likes it or not.

"How's Promise?" I asked Trey.

"She was crying all night, I heard from Keshawn" he said.

I shook my head.

"This is exactly how it was when he did this to Honest.. You were too young to understand but he was a lot harsher on Promise cause he really loves her. He's just going through some things, he'll be fine" I said with hope.

I know Carter, and I know his foolish ways. He soon will regret what he did. He did the same with Honest and asked her to come back home but she didn't want to. That's the real reason why he's been holding this grudge for so long.

Carter then came down the stairs stretching and fully dressed.

"Morning Carter" I said as I poured his coffee into his mug.

"Thanks gina and morning" he said then kissed my cheek.

"You ain't put no poison in this did you" he said laughing but I kept on a straight face.

"Nope. But I wish I did , to knock some got damn sense into you" I said.

"Ginaa please, not this morning" he said

"Yes this morning. You can't just let this whole thing blow over, she's our daughter" I argued.

"Yes I know. But she's trying to ruin the family business, going out with my worker will mess up ..." he stopped. ..

"Mess up what Carter?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"Nothing. I got to go" he said grabbing his coffee.

"We not through with this Carter" I said.

"Alright sweetie" he said trying to kiss me but I stopped him.

"Don't kiss me" I said raising my hand up by his lips.

He sighed then kissed my forehead.

"Love you" he said then walked out the door.

I grabbed the keys from the counter and my sweater from the couch.

"I'll be back Trey, watch the house" I said then kissed him on the cheek.

"Ight" he said as he laid his legs on the coffee table.

I rung the bell to Keshawn's house and heard a little boy run to the door.

"I got it Ke" he said with his little voice.

He opened it and stared at me

"Hello stranger" he said making me chuckle.

"Hello little one, is Promise here?" I asked with a sweet voice

He nodded then called Promise down.

After a few, she came down with a pink robe on and some slippers.

She looked like she was crying all night.

"Hey mama come in" she said kissing my cheek.

The house was nice. Keshawn was living nice even though he was struggling.