I Wasn't Able to Repay You

______

Hello everyone! Very late update, sorry about that, (still got it in today, though!) I have a math final on Monday/Tuesday, and I despise math. Well, here you go! (Probably should've been studying while I wrote this chapter, but eh, you guys deserve it!) and isn't that picture amazing?

Peace

_______

3rd Person POV (1 year later)

The boy with pearly white hair watched in admiration as his Sensei laughed, smiling softly at her. Though she couldn't see him at the moment, as she was laughing so hard her eyes unconsciously shut and tears were forming in the corner, the kind of laugh that could get you a six pack.

The boy was very perceptive, he noticed all the quirks and personalities of his Sensei.

He noticed the way the edges of her eyes slightly crinkled when she laughed at cheesy puns, or any other type of stupid joke, even though she wasn't old. He noticed she would always have a sad and reminiscent smile on her face when her eyes landed upon the stars. He noticed whenever she was nervous or scared, she would clench the strange necklace that she has on, has had on since she met the boy. He noticed that she didn't have a headband, and he always wondered where she came from.

But long ago, she told him he would know nothing of her past. 'To keep you safe' she said. But that didn't stop the pupil from being curious.

"Oh gosh, that was a good one, Aomine." His Sensei says wiping the tears from her eyes.

Aomine smiled, happy to make his Sensei laugh and smile for once. She was usually pretty silent and didn't express too much emotion around him, but there were times where she would let loose.

He looked at his Sensei, so much admiration for her shining in his onyx orbs. He knew that there wasn't anything he could ever do or say to pay her back. She saved his life. Throwing herself in the middle of a problem and saving him, risking her own life for him.

Little did he know, the enemies weren't that hard for her to beat. Luckily, that day, only the highway men came after the young boy. She would've had a lot more trouble had more advanced people came.

"Hey, Aomine, I have a new technique for you. Ready?" She says seriously, walking outside, knowing her student would immediately follow in her tracks.

She knows it's selfish of her, and that one day, he'd die because of her. But she couldn't bare being alone again.

"One of my old... Friends... Used to use this technique a lot. I'm sure it'll come in handy, one day." She says, a hint of sadness traveling out of her mouth. Even though his Sensei is good at hiding emotions, he could read her. He would know when she was sad, happy, excited, anything. He could read her like an open book.

"What is it?" The pupil says giddily, ready to learn a new technique. Even though he has a similar past as his Sensei, he walked down a different path. Chose the other gate. He chose to make his past fuel him to become stronger, unlike his Sensei.

"It's called the Shadow Clone Jutsu." She says, her tone slightly hardening.

She starts to show her pupil the necessary signs, and then moving to the side and demonstrating. She whispers the jutsu name under her breath, focusing her chakra. Not a moment later, dozens of clones of his Sensei up all around the two, and the student stares at all of them in amazement.

She looks at him with a sea of amusement hidden behind her eyes, smirking as she watches him poke the clones, making sure they're real. She claps her hand to gain his attention, and he suddenly turns to look at her.

"Try it out, Aomine." She says to him, seeing him look at her with pleading eyes.

He claps his hands happily together and mutters something, a sad clone popping down on the floor next to him.

"Kaji-Sensei! Don't laugh! It's hard." Aomine says while pouting at his laughing Sensei, seeing her stifle her giggles and sigh sadly, but still managing to put a smile on her face.

"Sorry, sorry. It's just I remember and old friend telling me a story about how he did the same thing." Kaji says, shaking her head of the thoughts and focusing back on him.

"Hey, just keep trying. This past year you've mastered every single technique I've taught you. I know you can do it." She says, walking inside the house and grabbing her beaten up, old black cloak. She walks back outside, spreading the cloak evenly over her shoulders in one graceful move, looking at her student.

"I remember you telling me we needed some food, and I need to get a thing or two in the town. Don't destroy anything, don't try to cook, and keep on practicing the jutsu. Hopefully you'll be done by the time I come back." She teases, starting to jog off. "I shouldn't be long, I'll be back before the sun sets!" She yells behind her, breaking into a full on sprint.

(Time skip)

"C'mon, c'mon, c'mon!" Aomine mutters to himself, focusing his chakra. Usually, he only needs a couple of minutes to be able to get the jutsu correct, and a few days tops to perfect it. That being said, his Sensei has only been teaching him easy jutsu. Even then he learns quicker than the kids his age, at least, back when Kaji was at the academy.

"Ha! This is where he's been, eh?" A loud, muscular voice shouts.

"This little rascal has given us a lot of trouble!" Another burly voice yells.

Aomine quickly looks behind him, seeing the same group of thugs that almost killed him a year ago.

An evil, sneaky looking man lights up with a slimy smile, peering down at the boy as soon as he comes into view.

"We've been waiting a long time... Aomine." He says, his eyes lighting up menacingly.

The young boy knew that the enemy of his clan would find out about his

The group of men lunge at Aomine, and the young boy screams. All of the jutsu and techniques his beloved Sensei taught him suddenly disappeared from his brain. He forgot what signs he was even supposed to make. He couldn't conjure up any of his chakra, it's as if he was paralyzed.

The men lodge their kunai and swords into Aomine, resulting in blades sticking through and through the youth. Blood spurts out of his mouth, dribbling down his chin and staining the dirt. More and more of he thick red liquid drips down him and they yank their swords out, making him release a shrill scream. He falls on his back, unable to move or talk.

The boy smiles to himself, tears dripping down his paralyzed face.

'Thank you... Kaji-Sensei... I had hoped it wouldn't... end... like... this...' He thinks to himself, hearing nothing but the birds chirping above him.

'I still... wasn't able to... repay you... I'm...' He says in his mind, letting darkness consume him as he lets out his last breath.