One Step Closer

_____

Hello everyone! As reconciliation for the last chapter being so short, I decided to update sooner within the week and with a longer chapter. I love you guys so much!! I drew that Metal Lee and Rock Lee fan art because I just thought they weren't getting enough attention! Plus, Metal Lee is so cute!!!

***ATTENTION: I changed parts of the last chapter so there weren't any continuity errors with this one! If you don't want to be confused, read the last chapter over again!***

Peace

_____

Kaji's POV

"Naruto... Do you know him already?" Sakura asks, Naruto gritting his teeth and narrowing his eyes.

"Yeah. This jerk attacked me for no reason when I was hanging out with Ino, Choji, and Shikamaru earlier today!" He yells out, a lunatic popping out of his sleeve, moving to and offensive position. Sai grabs the hilt of the dagger on his back immediately, both of them holding that position.

"That's enough, Naruto." Yamato says, stepping out to us.

"Oh yeah... Who are you, anyway?" Naruto asks, not lowering his kunai.

"My name is Yamato. I'll be filling as team captain for Kakashi. I think he came back today from his mission, but I know he was injured. He's in the hospital recovering." He says. "But don't worry, he's only going to have to rest for about a week."

"Captain Yamato..." Sakura says with a hesitant voice. I scrunch up my nose slightly, not happy about the fact that we have to work with other people. And yeah, Tsunade could've just not included Sai if she had the choice, as Naruto, Sakura and I were already a three man team. But I don't think that she could do that.

Yamato steps even closer to all of us, "You four will be comrades now. So you'd better learn to get along with each other."

"Comrades... With him?" Naruto says bitterly, pointing his finger towards Sai.

Sai takes his hand off the hilt of his dagger, "i'm sorry about earlier but you see I knew we were going to be teammates and I wanted to see how strong you were." He says smiling.

Naruto slides the kunai back into his sleeve, "Well that was pretty stupid. You didn't have to go that far..."

Sai smiles, almost a smirk, "I was just curious about how strong you'd be. Now I know you aren't packing anything major."

A few seconds of silence pass and I sigh, Naruto being held back by Sakura and screaming loudly. "What did you just say?!"

"We have to work together with this guy! You can't start out fighting from the get go!" Sakura yells at him. Still holding an enraged Naruto back, Sakura turns her attention to Sai, narrowing her eyes. "And the same goes for you. That wasn't very nice."

Sai chuckles the most fake laugh I have ever heard, "Is that so?"

"You're not winning any friends with talk like that." Sakura tells him.

"Well don't write me off yet!" He says cheerfully, "I like everyone. Even you, ugly."

I look up at the sky and sigh loudly, "Why'd you have to put him on our team?"

Now Yamato holds Sakura back, "Woah! Easy Sakura! Follow your own advice!"

Yamato calms us all down, the four of us standing in a line. Naruto on the far right, then Sakura, me, and finally Sai.

"So, uh, now that the five of us are going to be deployed immediately, maybe we should..." Yamato says tiredly, scratching his cheek and sighing. "Oh man... Look, I don't have time to throw you all in a cage to get along with each other. Whatever. Alright, let's go! Introduce yourselves!"