41. End of year games

The season had ended, Lewis had finished the year with yet another victory and Charles with another podium. Seb had only got p5, thus finishing behind Charles in the drivers' standings. His morale hadn't been really high after the race, but Valeria has convinced him to change into a pair of jeans and a tee and to join her at the paddock with the other guys to celebrate the end of the year.

Formula1 had put up quite a celebration in the paddock, with the different motorhomes becoming the set for different activities such as karaoke, arcade and carnival games, a small football court and even a small paintball arena at the end of the paddock.

Valeria left Seb to catch up with Riccardo and some other people from Toro Rosso and she walked to Pietro, Giorgio and Domenico who were just bunched up by the entrance.

'Welcome to the last day of school' she said. 'I couldn't find water balloons so these will have to do. May the best department win' she told them, getting water pistols out of her bag. 'one full tank, who is driest wins'

'what the hell?' Giorgio laughed. 'this is great'

They filled their guns and they started running around the paddock, laughing loudly. All the other teams, and even their own, had all started cheering them on.

Seb was just catching up with Toto and telling him about Valeria when she ran past them, shouting something in Italian to Pietro who was on the opposite side of the paddock.

'yeah, that's her' he shrugged, watching her get drenched by the two mechanics.

'whatever floats your boat, mate' Toto laughed.

Valeria joined them not long after. She had managed to dry her clothes a bit by twisting them but was still drenched.

'you're gonna get a cold' Seb told her, passing her his jumper. 

'Sorry, mum' she joked, giving him a kiss. 'Mr Wolff, nice to meet you. I'm Valeria. Sorry, i am usually a lot dryer than this'

'nice to see you're enjoying yourself. You need it after this year'

'tell me about it' she replied.

After Toto had excused himself, Valeria had grabbed Seb's hand to join the rest of her group who had decided to delight everyone with their karaoke skills. They sat cheering along to their bad renditions of the most famous Italian songs.

'you can't even blame alcohol, they've had none' Valeria joked, making Seb chuckle. 'I know you're not in the mood for celebrating anything, but I hope you're feeling a bit better'

'I always do when you're around' he replied, smiling, holding her hand in his. Valeria couldn't help but smile more, as a couple of people from racing point and Williams had joined forces to sing '500 miles'.

'Romana, will you sing one song with me?' Domenico asked her, as some of the Ferrari team joined them where they were sitting.

'if I really have to.' She huffed, pretending to be annoyed.

'Unless your fiancée is jealous?' he teased her, nodding at them holding hands.

'Leave them be! They're still in the honeymoon phase. They'll get married and we'll see the change' Pietro joked. Seb gave them both a look, but said nothing. Valeria, on the other hand, just said 'fuck you both.' And gave them the finger.

'Come on, we're next' Domenico said, offering her his hand.

'what are we singing?' she asked.