24. You're my forever

Valeria and Seb had just arrived at their resort in the Maldives. The three days they spent in Rome had been possibly more overwhelming than the whole first half of the season. Valeria's family and friends were all way too excited to finally meet him that they never had a moment to themselves, except for when they decided to do some sightseeing in the historic centre. Even then, they were stopped by tourists/fans who wanted to have a picture taken with Seb. Valeria didn't mind, Seb was a lovely person to bump into and he never got annoyed at anyone for recognising him and trying to engage in conversation.

The sun was scorching already and it was only early in the morning. Valeria's brain, already jetlagged, could only concentrate on one thing: sunbathing.

'This is way too nice, Seb. How much did it cost you?' she asked. She already tried to pay him back for the holiday, but he had refused categorically.

'Doesn't matter. It's nice and private. This is just ours' he pointed at a bit of the beach in front of their sea view apartment. 'and there's also walks we can do, so it makes me happy too' he joked. Seb wasn't the biggest fan of the sea, but he knew how much Valeria felt at home on a beach.

'This is great.' She told him, again, kissing his nose.

'company is a lot better' he whispered, softly brushing his lips on hers.

It was perfect, Valeria thought, being alone with Seb, the only noise that could be heard was the gentle crashing of the waves on the nearby beach. They changed into their swimsuits and decided to kill the jetlag off on the beach.

'Do you need factor 50?' Valeria teased Seb. The German had spent a long time making sure every inch of his skin was protected by sunscreen.

'nah, 30 should be ok. Or not?' he questioned her.

'Dunno, Bärchen, I'm wearing a 5.'

'You have pretty Mediterranean skin. You don't burn to a crisp when you're in the sun'

'But you get the pretty blue eyes, up in the north' she smiled, grabbing his hand to walk outside to the beach. They grabbed a lounger each and laid down. Seb had already found the heat to be too much and was sitting in the shade, reading a Stephen Hawking book Valeria had got him.

On the other hand, Valeria was enjoying the feeling of the sun on her skin and was already nodding off listening to the waves. She woke up an hour later. She stretched on her lounger and looked over to Seb who was still immersed in his book. She got up and walked towards him, she leaned on his back and wrapped her arms around his neck, resting her head on his shoulder. 'I'm going in. The water is calling me' she told him.

'I'll come too, I'm so hot' he replied, closing his book.

Last day

The week in the Maldives had been amazing for both of them. Valeria felt energised and ready to go back to work. She had completely turned off all of the technological distractions that week and felt renewed. Sebastian, himself, felt like he could put the first half of the season behind him and was ready to get back at it and fight.

'Where are we going?' Valeria asked him. Seb had been weird all day and, just before sunset, he had grabbed her hand and told her he was taking her out for dinner. Valeria had started to wonder what he meant by out as he had started walking on a trail leading up a hill, just behind where they were staying. 'Seb?' she asked again.

'mh?' he asked, still acting weird.

'Are you OK?' she asked him, raising an eyebrow. Maybe a week in the sun had been too much for him. 'I didn't realise we were going to hike to the other side of the island, I would have worn something more comfortable' she added, shaking her foot to get pebbles out of her sandals.