20. Memories

Hello all! What the hell was that race yesterday? I am speechless. I just don't have any words for the tractor they managed to build at Maranello and for the amount of bad press I have seen on Seb. I don't have much hope for this week, either!

Anyway, thank you so much for keeping up with this! x

Valeria had been back to Italy for a few days. It felt weird being in Seb's home by herself, every noise made her jump, every room seemed a bit too empty without the smiley German being around.

It was Jules death's anniversary and Valeria had just returned home. She had decided she would spend the night playing the new F1 game she had downloaded and had bought a frozen pizza to be as lazy as possible. She walked up to the spare room she had colonised with her gaming stuff and turned her PC on. She took a quick shower and changed into a pair of colourful shorts and tank top combination. She sat in the dark room, the only light coming from the computer screen.

'new career... Proietti, Valeria. Do I want to do the F2 feeder series? Yeah why not' she clicked along. As the game had started loading the first race, she heard the doorbell. She got up, confused, as she wasn't expecting anyone. They weren't used to get random visits out there. She wondered if anyone had followed her to find out where Seb lived. She slowly walked to the door, leaving all the lights off. She looked through the peephole and her jaw dropped once she saw the outline of a well known curly haired man.

'Dan, what the fuck?' she asked, surprised.

'hey, Taz.' He smiled 'I'd give you a hug, but my hands are kinda busy' he said, nodding to the two pizzas he was balancing on his hand.

'Oh god, yes. Please come in. Can I help you with those?' she grabbed the two boxes, so he could grab his bag.

'How, what? Uh?' Valeria tried, as the Australian let out a laugh.

'I asked Seb's permission, don't worry. He knows I'm here. Well, he was the one who gave me the address' he explained. 'I knew today would be a hard day for you, so I came to see you.'

'oh my god, Dani, you shouldn't have!' Valeria felt tears were imminent. She jumped up to him to hug him.

'Anytime, Taz. But now, stop crying. The pizza will get cold' he joked.

'would you like a drink?' Valeria asked, as she grabbed a beer from the ones Fabian had sent for Seb's birthday.

'I'm good, thanks. Mike will kill me if I have pizza and a beer.' Dan replied, as he chewed a massive mouthful of pizza.

'man, I need to move here again' he added. 'pizza is life'

'Get a job at Ferrari, mine might be going up soon' she joked. 'Either they fire me or I quit'

'nah, they're not that silly to fire the person that's actually bringing them some publicity' Dan told her. 'I'm not blind, people love you and Rosberg'

'maybe I should go and work for Sky...' she started, feeling her phone buzz. 'hope the surprise has worked. Say hello to Dan from me and please call me if you need anything. I'm sorry I'm not there with you tonight. Love you, Kleine. Don't forget that' Seb had messaged. The Italian smiled and typed a reply, thanking her lucky star that she had people like Dan and Seb in her life. And Charles too, he was back in Monaco, but he had called her in the morning to have a quick chat and check up on her.

Valeria was about to put her phone away when she noticed a notification from Instagram. 'danielricciardo tagged you in a post''

'damn, you like the rumours don't you?' she joked, tapping on the screen.