5. Barcelona nights

Thanks for all the reads and votes, people! They are really appreciated! Hope you're enjoying this. :) HB3112

The first week of winter testing had been productive. Ferrari seemed to have a really good pace and everyone in the garage and motorhome seemed to be positive for the season. The crew was finally off for the weekend. Valeria and Pietro had decided to go sightseeing around the city, an experience she knew they wouldn't get at any other event.

As they walked through the rambla, towards the sea, Valeria's phone buzzed.

'hey Domè, what's up? Oh yeah, the infamous nights out! Yes of course, I'll be there. Ping the location, I'll bring Pietro. No I can't promise, I'll ask them, but i guess it's a big fat no. Yeah cool. 10 sounds good to me. I'll catch you later' she hung up.

'10? I'm usually in bed by then' Pietro joked.

'Come on, we can go get tapas, get to know each other even better over dinner' she told him. 'oh, I see it! I see the sea' she jumped up excitedly. Valeria had grown up by the sea and used to spend most of her time on the beach, both in summer and winter. She used the calm sound of the waves as a soothing noise, something to repair her when she felt broken. Pietro watched her excitedly get her shoes off and run on the sand. He shook his head. Being born and raised in a region by the dolomites, he never understood the fascination of the water. His happy place was just a hike away from his flat. He laughed at his colleague swearing loudly having just put a foot in the freezing water. Valeria rolled her jeans up, walking in the water a bit more. 'you're gonna get sick!' he shouted at her.

'nah! It's lovely. Maybe a bit chilly, but man I missed the sea. You mountain people don't understand us sea people' she joked.

She felt her phone buzz. 'looking beautiful, Kleiner' Seb had texted her. She looked up confused, to see him with his PT, Antti, as they stretched on the beach. She smiled, giving him a little wave. They had decided to stay casual, but it was getting harder for them to hide their connection, especially since they seemed to be sharing an unmistakable chemistry.

Valeria turned her attention back to her friend. She walked out of the water and sat next to him on the sand, lighting a cigarette. 'Those things are gonna kill you' she heard Jules' voice in her head. 'You worry about being safe in the car, then I'll worry about quitting smoking, alright?' she had replied to him so many times. She missed that man so much, he would have known what to do in the Seb situation.

'you've been eerily quiet this week' Pietro interrupted her train of thoughts. 'I think you do need a good night out. I'll try and stay up past 10, but only for you' he told her.

'thank you, Pi, you're my favourite' she hugged him.

'you know you can trust me, right?' he asked her, as she looked out into the sea.

'I do. I need to sort my head out before I involve anyone else'

'you're wrong. There is nothing wrong looking for help. Be it a friend, a colleague or someone external. It's not a weakness to let yourself go sometimes'

'I know you're right. I do. I'll sort my head out and speak to you at dinner, alright?'

'Sure' Pietro gave her a smile and a cuddle.

They got up and walked back to the hotel. Valeria changed into dark high waisted jeans, a white top and a a black jumper. She put a pair of converse on and joined Pietro in the lobby. They had decided to meet at 9 to grab some food in the place where they were going to hang out with the rest of the crew.