Chapter 23

I look up at cheryl and she whispers "please dont hate us" and thick tears begin to fall down her cheeks.

I jump on top Of her and hug her as tightly as I can "thank you so much cheryl, you have no idea how much this means to me" I say and feel the tears streaming down my face rapidly as I try to make what just happened feel real.

She sighs in relief "im glad your happy with it, I was scared how yous was gonna take the news"

"happy is an understatement, I cant even put into world how ecstaticed I am right now" I say and she smiles widely at me and I tighten my grip on her.

--

"What do you wanna do?" Cheryl asks and I shrug

"wanna have a lazy day?"

"I would love too" I run upstairs and change into black sweatpants and an oversized hoodie, when I come back down cheryl is sitting on the couch in sweatpants scrolling through movies so I decide to mess with her a little. I sneak behind the couch where she is sitting and grab her shoulders "boo" I say and she jumps out of her skin "AHHHH!!! brianna what the fcuk"

I fall to the floor laughing hysterically "ha ha ha so funny, are we gonna watch the movie or not" she says in an annoyed tone

"you know I love you" I say and jump onto her lap as her musical laughter fills the room.

"What movie do you wanna watch?" She asks and I instantly think of a movie "Lilo and stitch"

"you are just as bad as nicola with ya DISNEY movies" she laughs and clicks order.

*2 hours later*

The movie is over and it 5:28 pm. "You hungry?" I ask and cheryl nods

"can I make dinner?" I ask and she laughs

"if ya want, wait you know how to cook?"

"Yeah, why you dont?"

"Nope, I would burn me fooking kitchen down" she laughs.

I laugh as well and head into the kitchen and decide to make lasagna.

About an hour later I pull the lasagna out of the over and lay 2 oven mitts on the table and place the lasagna on it so it doesn't burn the table.

Cheryl walks in and sits down across the table from me and takes a bite "wow your a really good cook, where did you learn to cook like this?"

"Self taught I guess, my dad refused to make me food, he said I had to make the food and I had to make him dinner every night" I say sadly and she reaches over the table and takes my hands in hers.

"aw im sorry you had to go throught all of that babe, but it will get better here. I promise"

"I know it will, thank you for all this cheryl" I say and she gives me a sympathetic smile

"anytime babe"

The rest of dinner is filling with laughter and small conversation.

I wash the dishes and put them away when cheryl walks into the kitchen

"do you wanna go swimming?" Cheryl asks and I shrug "sure".

I run upstairs into my room and change into a black fringe bikini. I go downstairs and see cheryl wearing a turquoise bikini "hey pet ya look gorgeous" cheryl says with a huge smile on her face "thanks so do you".

We go out the patio door and we walk over to the pool "how deep is it?" I ask in shock at the size of it

"from 4-11 feet"

"wow" I say and she laughs, I put my towel on one of the chairs and jump in "is it cold?" Cheryl asks looking into the crystal clear water "nope" I lie.

I climb out of the pool and shove her in when she is not paying attention "ahh this is freezing" she squeals and I jump in and splash her.

"Stop it" she laughs. I swim to ladder and jump off the diving board and flip "woah" cheryl says in shock

"what?" I say confused

"that was so cool"

"haha thanks"

"no problem" cheryl says and gets 2 blowup chairs "which color do you want?" She asks holding them both up "purple" I say she throws it to me and I get on it.

She climbs on the green one and we float around the huge pool and gaze at the stars in the 11 foot deep end.

I splash water at her and she gasps at the coldness, She gives me an evil look and flips my chair over.

I swim 11 feet back to the top and I go over to her and begin to lift Her green floating chair.

Her eyes get wide and she starts to freak out "NO PET PLEASE DONT NOOO I-" I flip it over.

She shoots up out of the water coughing violently, she throws her arms around my neck tightly and I put my arms around her as well In confusion.

"I-I c-c-cant s-swim" she tries to say in between coughs and I instantly feel terrible "sorry chez, come on lets get you dry" I put her on my back and swim across the pool and when I reach the five foot end and I can stand I take her off my back and carry her bridal style out of the pool.

I carry her up the steps, out the water and sit her down on one of the white patio chairs.

I rap a towel around her small frame as she continues to cough, I pat her back as she spits out a load of water.

After a few minutes she stops coughing "im so sorry cheryl, I didn't know" I says my voice getting thick with tears.

"i-its ok" she says breathing heavily, I take her into my arms and I hug her tightly as tears begin to roll down my cheeks.

I sniff quietly and she pulls out of the embrace "aw why are you crying?" She says wiping my tears with her thumbs

"because I basically drowned you" I say and I look at the ground in dissapointment, she puts her 2 fingers under my chin and lifts my eyes to meet her chocolate brown orbs.

"im fine, you didn't know that would happen. Trust me im fine" she says and pulls me onto her lap and holds me tightly in her arms.