Forgive for love

Meanwhile at the pond, the others were getting prepared for the recital when Sofia arrived.

"Oh there you are Sofia, where is Hugo?" Miss Flora asked, Sofia looked at her with sad eyes and said
"he's not coming Miss Flora, he's playing hockey".

"Oh dear!" Miss Flora exclaimed, "it is a shame that prince Hugo won't be joining us, but the show must go on. Amber and Maya will perform first, then Lakshmi and Clio. Sofia, you'll have to dance alone but I know you'll do just fine, now let's warm up before our audience arrives".

Sofia did a triple fireball flip to everyone's surprise.
"Princess Sofia that triple fireball flip was fantastic" Miss Flora said.

"Thanks" Sofia replied, "Hugo really helped me with it, he wouldn't give up until I got it just right". Amber noticed the look on Sofia's face and then said

"Sofia, what's wrong?".

"It's Hugo" she replied, "he's really mad at me just because I tried to explain to him that it's not okay to lie to his dad about his love for ice dancing".

"Oh Sofia" Amber said, "Hugo was only trying to help you, he wants to be around you and he really likes you".

"You think so?" Sofia asked.

"Yeah" Amber replied.

"Haven't you seen the way he looks at you?" Clio added.

"Isn't it obvious Sofia?" Maya asked, "yeah he loves ice dancing, but he loves you more and he only lied to his dad so that he could be able to spend more time with you".

At the hockey game, Hugo scores and the audience cheers. "That's my boy" king Garrick said.

"Shouldn't you be at your ice dancing recital?" James asked.

"I quit ice dancing" Hugo said.

"But why?" James asked, "we were okay with it".

"It's not that" Hugo said as he shook his head, "I really like Sofia and for long, I was finding it hard to tell her, but the day I was gonna open up to her, she really hurt me".

"Who? Sofia? Hurt you? You must be over thinking" James said.

"I know what I'm saying" Hugo said, "I had to turn down my fathers offers to spend sometime with him just so I could teach Sofia some ice dancing moves and all she tells me is to open up to my dad".

"She's right Hugo" James said.

"I know she's right!" Hugo thundered, "but she didn't even try to understand me and when I tried to explain myself to her, she started being all... 'whatever' and that really hurt me".

"Easy there" James said "did you ever stop to think that you were the one who had to listen to her or that you were the one who hurt her feelings". James walked away.
He knew that James was right, he did not think of that, he already felt bad for ditching Sofia right before the recital. But he no more had a choice, the recital had already begun.

At the pond, Amber and Maya had already started with their presentation. Sofia made up her mind that she wasn't going to present on her own. Immediately, she went to the ice rink to get Hugo.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Hugo, I'm really sorry if I hurt your feelings earlier today, I didn't know you were doing all that for me" she said, "please come and be my partner at the recital and if you want to keep your love for ice skating a secret from your dad... it's fine by me".

"I'm sorry for letting a little misunderstanding cause a rift between us and don't worry about the secret thing, I'll handle that" Hugo said as he walked up to his dad,

"I know you think I'm crazy by saying this but I've been taking ice dancing classes for weeks and I can't let that go to waste" he said, "I'm going to perform at the recital".

Hugo and Sofia went to the recital and the rest of the hockey team, Sir Henley, king Garrick and the audience followed behind. Luckily, Sofia and Hugo were just in time for their presentation.