Are you ice dancing?

At the school, Sofia came running to Hugo. "Hugo!" she said, "Miss Flora said to meet at the pond for ice dancing class today.

"you're taking ice dancing" Derek said, "isn't that for girls?".

"Yeah, which is exactly why I'm not taking it" he said as he dragged Sofia to a corner.

"I don't get it, I thought you were taking the class with us" Sofia asked confused.

"Of course I am, but I can't let my friends find out or they'll laugh at me" he replied.

"But they are going to notice, you're not at hockey practice, it meets at the same time" she said. That was true, and Hugo didn't think about it.

"I've got an idea, watch this" he said as he walked towards his friends... Coughing (don't worry, it's not covid-19), "I don't think I can make it to practice today, I just started feeling really sick" he said as he let out another cough. His friends bought it,

"hope you'll feel better soon" James said as they walked away.

"See, it worked, they fell for it" Hugo said "Oh no, don't give me that look, you're gonna make me feel guilty".

"I still don't get it, why don't you just tell them, they are your friends" Sofia said.

"That's the point, they are my friends which is why I know exactly how they are gonna react if I tell them" he replied.

"You're not sure about that" Sofia said still disagreeing with Hugo.

"Oh yeah?!" Hugo said "listen to this, if Derek were the one ice dancing and not me, I'd laugh at him... A LOT".

"But..." Sofia tried to say something but he interrupted her,
"No more talking or else you're gonna make me feel guilty, then eventually convince me to tell them".

"Just hear what I have to....". Hugo interrupted again,
"we'll talk later, Byeeeeeee"(that's a lot of 'ees') , leaving Sofia behind "oh come on!" She exclaimed as he left.