14

"Goodnight Mi Amore, I love you."

"Goodnight baby, I love you too." 

Author's note: There is a playlist of Christmas songs for this Chapter if you would like to listen while you read. 

1. Eartha Kitt: Santa Baby

2. Maria Carey: All I Want For Christmas Is You

3.Michael Buble: It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

4. Wham!: Last Christmas

5. Ariana Grande: Santa Tell Me

6. Justin Bieber: Mistletoe

It was officially December twenty-fourth (24th), which meant it was Christmas Eve and New York had just been covered in a fresh, new blanket of snow the night before. 

Both families were placing their presents under the huge fake tree that resided in the Green's living room. The Rodes' would be spending the night, along with Vivian so that all of them could wake up and open presents together. 

The only plans that were set for today were for them to go Christmas carolling around the neighbourhood and then come back for a delicious dinner. 

Majority of the day was spent tidying up the house, fixing decorations and sipping hot chocolate to battle the frigid cold that even the heater seemed to be struggling with. Florence had just opened a box and pulled out the tiny mistletoe that was hanging by a thread when her brother screamed.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Jumping almost three (3) whole feet in the air, she twirled around to glare at her idiotic sibling, who decided to try and scare the living hell out of her. Carefully placing the delicate mistletoe back into its box, she set it down and walked over to a cackling Milo, who was clutching his stomach tightly.

"You're such an ass, did you know that?" 

"Oh, but you love me and yes, I know my ass is fabulous." 

Rolling her eyes at him, she tripped him as he was getting up off the ground and this caused their parents to scold them. Grinning sheepishly at them, the Green siblings apologised and went back to what they were supposed to be doing.

"Sweetie, don't hang the mistletoe just yet. I want to hang it tomorrow after everyone arrives for dinner." 

"But what happens if someone doesn't want to kiss the person they got stuck under it?"

"They can always say no."

Nodding, Florence handed the box to her father and strolled over to the dining room where Eden was wiping down the long wooden table. Smiling at her, she moved the chairs to the wall next to the door and dusted them for her boyfriend's mum.

"Thank you, honey, you did not need to do that though. Are you looking for my baby boy?"

Turning bright red, she shyly nodded which caused the older woman to laugh and point to the stairs. Thanking her, she made her way up to her bedroom and found her person of interest laying on her bed only in a towel. 

His body still had droplets of water all over him and his hair was still damp, but his eyes were closed. Without looking at her, he flicked his finger for her to come to him. 

"Baby as good as you look right now, you are making my bedsheets wet. Plus I have to go start to get ready soon and so does everyone else."

Standing up slowly, a devious grin spread across his face, "That is not the only thing I'll be making soaking wet."