7

"Baby is that you?"

Turning around slowly, Florence met the gaze of her ex boyfriend, Don Lewis. Her mind was racing with several questions, the main one being, why was he here? She could feel Dylan's hand tighten around hers and she was not sure how he was going to react, so she set to shut it down before it started.

"Firstly I am not your baby. Secondly, what the fuck are you doing here in New York? Thirdly, did I not tell you to fuck off and where to shove it last time?"

The couple watched as the unwanted male's face turned an angry shade of red at her words. Not that either of them really cared.

"You are my baby, I'm here to get you back. I've missed you and I know what I did was very wrong. I didn't mean to hurt you."

Choking out a laugh, she replied, "Get me back? Ha, that's funny, because I know you're only here for my money and not me. You didn't mean to hurt me? What kind of delusional fantasy are you living in? You never hurt me, you only showed me your true self. So kindly fuck off. My boyfriend and I were on our way for a date so goodbye."

Without letting him get in a reply, she took Dylan's hand and walked through the doors of the restaurant. They were greeted by the hostess and asked if they had reservations or wanted an open table. Replying that they had reservations under Rode, they were escorted to their private table out on the balcony and handed their menus.

"I want to apologize for you having to have seen that. I never expected him to find his here to try some shit."

Reaching over the table, he grasped her hand and held it, saying, "It's perfectly okay, when I asked you out, it was with the intention of making you mine. Extra baggage and all. You don't have to answer this, but who exactly was he? I figured out an ex boyfriend."

Florence gave him the basic summary of the story of who Don was, promising in due time she would tell him more in depth. She just did not want to ruin their evening with talking about the likes of him.

A few minutes later their waiter came, "Good evening, what would the lovely couple like to have?"

Looking over his gorgeous date, he motioned for her to go first like the gentleman he was.

"I'll take the dry aged prime sirloin,medium rare, thank you."

"And you sir?"

"I will have the dry aged prime rib steak, medium rare as well and can we have the fresh shucked oysters too?"

The waiter scribbled down their order and said yes they could.

"Excellent choices, both with whipped potatoes? What would you like to drink as well?"

"Yes, both with the whipped potatoes."

"The baker's seven (7) yr bourbon for me and for my lady, a glass of the lost in translation cocktail."

Nodding, he took their menus and said their drinks will be there soon . The food should take about thirty (30) minutes to arrive."

Thanking him, they talked about anything and everything. Asking each other questions, only pausing when their food and drinks arrived. Immediately after continuing their conversation, both learning that they had a lot of similar interests outside of work.

Dylan really enjoyed Florence's company and was quickly falling for her, vice versa. The dinner had come to an end and they fought over the bill, only to end up splitting it because neither wanted to let the other pay.

Leaving the restaurant, they instantly spotted Don, who seemed to have loitering and waiting for them. Spotting them, he tried to make a beeline for them, but the couple swerved through the busy New York sidewalk, loosing him and making it to the car.

"He sure is persistent and a little creepy."

"Don was never one to take no for an answer, I don't know what I ever saw in him. God, I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this again. I might get a fucking restraining order."

Pulling her over the console and into his lap, Dylan comforted her, saying "Its okay, I want to help and I think that would be a good idea. Someone that filthy has to have some dirt under him, you could find it and use it to your advantage. Maybe getting him arrested under an anonymous tip."

"That's a good idea, I'll call my lawyers back in L.A, for now let's just forget it and enjoy the rest of this beautiful night."

So they did, he took her to see the gigantic Christmas tree in Times Square, where they had their first kiss and several others.

They went ice skating, where several times Florence had to steady Dylan or else he would fall over and it was quite comical when he did for everyone there. The couple took many photos together and of each other.

By the time their date was over it was well past one thirty (1:30 AM) in the morning. He dropped her off at her parents place and then drove to his. They had the best time together, despite the unwanted bigot.

She was climbing into bed when her phone pinged. It was a message from her Amor and it said, "Goodnight/morning Amore. I hope you sleep well and I'll see you tomorrow."

Shooting back a text quickly, she fell asleep with a massive smile on her face.

"I think I love him more than ever."