Chapter Ten

Immediately, shivers ran down my spine after he said those words while placing his other hand on the small of my back

Trying to wriggle out of his hold, he gripped my waist tighter, daring me to fight him.

If I had a fair idea of who I was dealing with, he might have sustained broken bones by now.

This was not a good idea. Swallowing the lump in my throat, I took a glance once more around, and it was completely empty.

No one was coming in. The place was normally busy by now.

I stilled. "What if this was where he was going to kill me and leave without a trace?"

Turning back to him, our lips almost brushed because of how close he was, but as I leaned my head back, he leaned in. The power that radiated from him was intimidating, and I wanted to cry.

"Please don't."

As if hearing my thoughts, he backed up, and instead of letting me go, he held on tighter, intertwining my captured fingers with his.

"We fit so perfectly together, don't you think? And the police aren't capable of protecting you from me."

I so wanted to badly beat that smirk off his face until it was gone, but that's impossible.

Whomever he was, he was good at baiting a lady.
I was restricted, and though my other hand rested on his chest to keep him at a distance, it wasn't helping.

The waiters and waitresses were nowhere either; no chatter was heard either. Where did they all go?

"Looking for someone, maybe a hero to come and save you from me?" he smirked.

"N... no," I said, the fear growing.

"Mmhh, sure?" his eyes twinkled. My breath caught in my throat. A lump fixed itself, unmoving.

"Please let go. I really need to get going, and I've never been so close to the opposite sex before," I whispered, afraid.

But instead of smirking, his face hardened as he held me tighter, pressing us together.

"Are you trying to make a fool out of me. I'm a lot wiser than you think, so don't push it!" he sternly said.

Wait, wha...? What was he even talking about. I'm not trying to make a fool out of anyone, and most certainly not him.

Terrified of him, I answered back honestly, "I really don't know what you're talking about." Tears were assembling at the brim of my eyes.

"You're hurting me too," I cried out.
He was now holding me like I was a threat to him...

"Let's get one thing clear..." he paused, swiftly bracing me to the nearest wall.

What the hell was he? He couldn't be human and moved like the flash of light.